+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default worried about friend.

So i just thought id ask for people's opinions.
    One of my friends has been in an on off relationship for about 12mths now. In the last 12 mths they have split up and gotten back together about 7 times if not more. She has 2 kids one has a disability and he has 2 kids also.

Anyway so a few weeks ago she comes to me saying they had split up again because he was blaming her son for things that his children had done and also because when she was at his house there was always these ppl coming to visit but only staying 5-10mins then leaving. When she asked him what was going on he told her it was none of her bussiness and to keep her nose out of it.. so after much arguing etc he ended up telling her he was selling speed.

Now she has gone back to him knowing full well what he is doing and planning on moving in with him. when i said something about it she told me "what was she going to do she cant change him"..

Im worried about her and her kids what can i say to her to make her see sense? I know she is worried she will never find anyone to love her and she will be alone forever but it makes me angry that she would settle for a man that doesnt like her kids and doesnt show her the love and respect she deserves.
    Last edited by purpdirewytch; 08-04-2013 at 23:32.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to purpdirewytch For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (14-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Contact the police / crime stoppers. for the kids sake they do not need to be around a drug dealer or those who use drugs.
    As the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You sound like you have been a supportive friend but you need to look out for the kids, and ( behind her back) her - she moves in she's an accessory)

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-04-2013),BaronessM  (14-04-2013),Chippa  (09-04-2013),dancingchipmunk  (09-04-2013),Disbride  (08-04-2013),αληθη  (08-04-2013),LaDiDah  (09-04-2013),Lauzy83  (09-04-2013),mrsoptomistic  (09-04-2013),PeJu's Mum  (09-04-2013),purpdirewytch  (08-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (09-04-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    Contact the police / crime stoppers. for the kids sake they do not need to be around a drug dealer or those who use drugs.
    As the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You sound like you have been a supportive friend but you need to look out for the kids, and ( behind her back) her - she moves in she's an accessory)
    I completely agree with this.

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's tricky. I'd be doing something too, you can't just sit back and let this sort of thing go on around kids. However you also can't do anything that will alienate your friendship.

How old are his kids to be living with this sort of thing?

I have no tolerance for people who deal drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disbride View Post
    That's tricky. I'd be doing something too, you can't just sit back and let this sort of thing go on around kids. However you also can't do anything that will alienate your friendship.

How old are his kids to be living with this sort of thing?

I have no tolerance for people who deal drugs.
    I think his kids are about 10 and 6. They live with him every second week.
    Her kids are 8 and 3.
    Her kids have been through so much in their short lives i don't understand why she would put them in this situation aswell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs op I'm sorry you are burdened with this too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

purpdirewytch  (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would report him. I wouldn't even think twice about it. Do it before she moves in and maybe it will be the wake up call she needs. Good luck.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with pps odd def report him. No ifs buts or maybes about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang on, if you report will she/they know it was you? The last thing you want is a drug dealer after you. Yes someone needs to stand up for those kids but not at the risk of your own family. I'd rather be there to help your friend and encourage her to ditch him for good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I would report him. I wouldn't even think twice about it. Do it before she moves in and maybe it will be the wake up call she needs. Good luck.
    Good idea. I agree with everyone on here saying report him, but if you can do it before your friend moves in it may help her move on from this guy.