Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Ian Churchward. He is an ob for Mercy and Osbourne park hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elkalemi View Post
    who did you go with Lil Smurfy? and was that just management fee? and after you pay that apart from birth, did you have other costs.
    I'm in Adelaide. I've only just paid it. I'm assuming I'm still up for my usual appointment fee. I pay $90, not sure how much I'll get back now that I've hit safety net. I was getting back $40. Next appt next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elkalemi View Post
    so is it true, you are only rebated a small amount for management fee? even if you have reached the safety net limit with medicare?
    I think you'll get a bit more back, but not much. I think Rudd put a cap on it when he was in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to say Dr Tsokos delivered my son, and he was excellent. I felt supported the whole way through. The fees suck, but I think it's worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That 475 is the maximum rebate on that particular fee, as some charge 5 - 8k.

To be honest I was a 3 or 4k out of pocket and it was worth every cent (and we were not earning much money then) I had an awful public hospital experience with my son, and the private hospital (sjog Murdoch) was worth every cent

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got Dr Tsokos schedule of fees. I had both of my other children at OPH (midwife delivered) and had no problems but I wonder if that was because everything was straight forward and no complications.

I personally like to have my babies and leave straight away and not into the luxury of staying in the private hospital.

I have made an appointment to see Dr Churchward and hopeful he will be lovely and it will be a bonus being bulkbilled for all costs and HBF covers the hospital and birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was out of pocket $400 after Medicare rebate both times when using a private ob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who did you see? Dr Tsokos is $3500 maintenance charge plus all the visit charges. If I was high risk I could see the need but to me (and thats just my opinion) I just cant justify spending that kind of money .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi baby miracle, who is your ob at mercy?
    thanks!