+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OB Fees in Perth - Pregnancy Maintenance Fee

I am no longer able to go to my public hospital as I am not in their catchment area.

I have booked an appointment with a private OB and will be delivering at SJOG.

My question is is the pregnancy maintenance fee they charge have a medicare rebate attached to it? I am going to Nick Tsokos.

This is the first time I have been private as my last 2 were delivered in a public hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the max rebate is about $400ish. Are you registered for the Extended Medicare Safety Net yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep it should have a rebate, and count towards your safety net I think? Haven't claimed mine yet, only just paid it last week. Oh how I loathe Medicare paperwork....

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been doing ivf so we have reached the safety net already. How much was your management fee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not utd yet but have looked into it. You can google 'extended Medicare safety net' and it will tell you how much you get back for everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I paid $2775 and got $475 back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    who did you go with Lil Smurfy? and was that just management fee? and after you pay that apart from birth, did you have other costs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    little smurfy, how much are your antenatal appointments and how muxh re ypu rebated now since you have now reached the saftey net? my OB fee is $2700 aswell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You will pay something at each appt as well, but if you reach the safety net you get 80% back. I saw someone different but the gap was only about 10 after getting to the safety net
    There is a cost involved in the blood test for the nt scan. And gaps for the mai. Ultrasounds.

There may also be gaps for your hospital stay depending on your health fund

Also, you will pay for the ped who visits bub in hospital, unless there is an issue as they are generally not admitted as patients

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    so is it true, you are only rebated a small amount for management fee? even if you have reached the safety net limit with medicare?