+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Normally the public hospitals won't see you even if you are high risk, before 12 weeks of pregnancy. Until you are seen at the Public Hospital you are under the care of the GP for your pregnancy (as far as the hospital is concerned). You are high risk, but you have a Haematologist and you have a treatment plan from him/her already by the sounds of things. So, I'd definitely speak to your GP about a scan & bloods (if not already done), but then I would hope you have an appointment at the hospital around the 13 week mark (if you haven't heard anything by the time you are 10 - 11 weeks then start ringing). Oh and keep seeing your Haematologist til the hospital takes over too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was high risk and went through Monash...they were great.

I am trying to remember when my first appointment was...i saw my IVF clinic until my 8 week scan was OK....then, my GP for a check and referral to Monash and my 12 week scan. I went into Monash for my check in appointment was at about 18 weeks...but, i had already been into emergency for related issues before then.

So, my suggestion would be to keep seeing your GP for now if you have a good one. Call Monash to chase your referral and you will see the high risk clinic and not the standard one.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son is 8 months now but I went through the royal women's and would highly recommend them if you can hang on for an appointment. I went through the recurrent miscarriage clinic so did have early appointments before being transferred to the clinic. I have a blood clotting condition as well and had clexane throughout my pregnancy. My care was amazing and I got to see the one high risk ob throughout my entire pregnancy. You could call the clinic and ask them when your first appointment would be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And your gp should be able to give you a referral for an ultrasound but if you can I'd wait until 8 weeks because then you will see a heartbeat for sure. Sometimes if you go now it is too early and then you have an anxious wait.