+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I should update that my Dr has referred me to the RWs Hospital despite me saying it will be too far when we do move later in the year. My Dr said I shouldn't have a problem transferring to a closer hospital at that time but Im not optimistic really.
    I can't complain as I think the public system here is great and I would have been going public in the UK!
    Thanks to everyone who offered help/advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You dr can't really do anything about where they have to refer you unfortunately, even if you will move, they have to refer you based on your current address. I ran into problems like this when I had anticipated going to Mercy's birth centre but then turned down by their admissions for a previous health problem. The midwives at the birth center told me to book an appt with their OB that has a final say with who can birth there but admissions (at Mercy who handles the birth center admissions) wouldn't let me make an appt with her because I'm not zoned to Mercy! I then just threw my hands up and said fine I'll go to RW but they wouldn't let me in because I'm zoned to Sandringham. We are looking at houses around Seddon so RW would end up being closer but was told when we move to just show proof of address and I'll be transferred.

The hospital in your zone HAS to accept you, so if you do end up moving Box Hill CANNOT turn you away because you're in their catchment.

I think RW is awesome. Their birthing suites are brand new (massive ensuites with tubs, etc). Which is exactly what the women at Frances Perry in the private part have. As long as you a have midwife you like on the day, you'll think any hospital is great!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kirst33 For This Useful Post:

Alluneedislove  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoping for some help!!

Hi, i've just found out that i am pregnant very exciting. i'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about hospital zoning?? we live in Doreen, and i'm really wanting to give birth at the Mercy in Heidelberg, def not the Northern! i;ve read some blogs of woman living in Doreen and going to Mercy, has anybody else been through this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Believe2014 View Post
    Hi, i've just found out that i am pregnant very exciting. i'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about hospital zoning?? we live in Doreen, and i'm really wanting to give birth at the Mercy in Heidelberg, def not the Northern! i;ve read some blogs of woman living in Doreen and going to Mercy, has anybody else been through this??
    I live in Whittlesea and am going to the Mercy, due in June 2014. I think if you are in Doreen you should be fine. You can always email the midwives and the will b able to confirm.