+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby Hip Issues

Im wondering if there are any other Mothers who have or had children in hip splints?
    My 3 week old baby has shallow hip sockets and has been put in a Von Rosen splint.
    Id love to talk to anyone going through similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lotus Mum,
    My DS was in a Pavlik harness 24/7 for four weeks (from three weeks old) and then two weeks for only night wear and now is all clear. He was only 5 degrees out and grew very fast, he is in the 97th percentile.
    I found it much easier when he was smaller and actually easier when he wore it 24/7 as when he was only in it at night he would get very fussy when I put it on (lots of cuddles and feeding, he was sitting on my knee to bf or lying across my lap with his head to the side).
    Ask for lots of progress checks in ultrasounds, it helped me by seeing progress.
    Also, don't let it stop you! We travelled to from Boston to Iceland and the Bahamas while he was in it - plenty of explaining along the way but he was a happy little chap.
    Oh and he loved the ergo which I got approval from our orthopedic surgeon to use.
    We fixed our little man with Velcro, time and plenty of persistence (there was laughter, poo explosions, tears and some serious doubting along the way).. Best wishes to you and your family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you for sharing. DD is in her splint 24/7. Thank goodness its getting cooler as she already started getting a rash from it. Ive had alot of explaining to do and honestly its hard to deal with sometimes, the looks, the questions and the practicality of it. All those gorgeous clothes I had for her, thise nudey snuggles, the photos...its upsetting.
    I know its not perminant, that its just a thing and shes fine, but it still sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry... I know exactly how you are feeling. I just really want to reassure you that it really is for the best and will be a distant memory when she is out of it. I too felt like I was missing so much and this will be our only baby, I was so overwhelmed.Hang in there..

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks. I appreciate your understanding.
    I took her to a party and heard the whispers ans the what happened to her? Made me feel like crying.
    At least shes a baby and she isnt bothered by any of it so thats something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else?