+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Best pram for jogging

I'm after a pram specifically to go jogging with, when i only have DS2 (5wks currently).

Ideally don't want to spend too much as this is the only purpose for it. I already have the Bugaboo Donkey for everyday use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are you happy with second hand? I think mountain buggy or baby jogger? there are only a couple of models of baby jogger designed to run. The bob is also the Newest jogger brand on the market. When i went to look at prams they say suggest not running with a baby before six months ...something to do with their backs and bouncing.

Im Not sure if there is a pram that overcomes this.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a mountain buggy terrain and love it. I was comparing it and the baby jogger summit and found the mb to be a sturder, better built pram (but was surprisingly much cheaper). It's my everyday pram as well as used for jogging and I have no complaints. I don't jog with it atm (39 weeks preg), but did when I wasn't preg, plus heaps of walking and it's a very comfy pram for both DS and I. The only downside would be it folds rather long, but it fits fine in my commodore boot

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a mountain buggy urban jungle and it's great. You can pick them up for a pretty good price on gumtree and there seem to be plenty around. The quality is fantastic and I would have no issues buying second hand (unlike say p&t which seem to have ongoing issues and would be out of warranty).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies - yes should have mentioned I'm ok with secondhand!

So I haven't yet researched the 'safe' time to jog with bubs in the pram, thanks PP for that advice. So I shouldn't start until 6mths??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd go with mountain buggy. Try to get the Urban Elite which is basically the best Mountain Buggy ever made - it was the top of the range back when they were still made in NZ. The quality isn't as good since they started getting made in china. There's almost always a few of them going on ebay. That's where I got mine. Perfect for jogging. It's best to wait till your bub can hold their own head quite steady before you start jogging, but honestly, if you're on a flat surface with no bumps you're fine to jog, just don't go bouncing up and down gutters or over uneven ground with lots of bumps while you're baby is little. The Urban Elite does have great suspension so absorbs a lot of the bumps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (08-04-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Bump. Pesca, did you get one? I've just left my piece of poop p&t in royal park after chucking a massive tantrum at it. so now I am in the market for a new jogging pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Bump. Pesca, did you get one? I've just left my piece of poop p&t in royal park after chucking a massive tantrum at it. so now I am in the market for a new jogging pram.
    I've only just found my old thread again, sorry FL

Did you find one? Because I'm now ready to buy and have no idea which one!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I've only just found my old thread again, sorry FL

Did you find one? Because I'm now ready to buy and have no idea which one!
    Haha, no I didn't. I realized that next year I'll be back a work and my days off I'll have both kids at home so won't really have the opportunity to use one for long. I did loads of research and the BOB really seems to be streets ahead of everything else. Expensive, but I figured cheaper than the gym plus crèche fees. I just wouldn't have got enough use out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the BOB??

Yeah I just worked out that a gym membership and crèche fees for 3-4 times a week, would be about $160-200 per month. That's way too expensive.