+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Sinus Problem Help...

I think I have some sort of sinus issue going on.

I'm MOSTLY okay in that I'm not particularly blocked or anything, but every now and again I need to blow my nose (not a nice colour, and actually a really unusual texture as well), I occasionally cough up some... well, I hate the word so I'm not using it but you know what I mean (lol)...

But the main problems is that I keep feeling "tight," and pressure sort of behind my nose, but to the sides. Sort of to the sides of my nose under my eyes, it will feel really tight and heavy and like there's a pressure under there.

Also my teeth keep kind of hurting. Like an ache... but it's all of my teeth, not one (so not a toothache - it's not sharp like a toothache either), and if I am laying down for example, it might hurt in one spot more than anything, until I roll over, and then it hurts elsewhere. Same as the pressure near my nose.

So... any remedies? I would rather not have to go visit a dr and be given antibiotics (they seriously give me them whenever I go, no matter WHAT the problem is...lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had sinus problems for years. You DO need antibiotics IMO or it will keep reoccurring. I also have a steroid nasal spray I use daily to prevent future infections.

One thing that definitely does help me is drinking lots of white tea. You can buy it at the supermarket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi!

I get sinus infections all the time and don't want to keep going on antibiotics either. Ibuprofen will help relieve some pain because its an anti-inflammatory, but I've heard (haven't tried it cos it freaks me out) that a warm salt solution used as a nasal spray every day will get rid of the infection eventually. You can google instructions and you can get the bottles from any chemist I think.
    I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow because I'm getting some ripper headaches!

Hope it helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You could also try a neti pot but in my experience they are useless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Steam. Either have a hot hot shower or sit in the bathroom with the hot water running. Eucalyptus oil also helps clear sinuses. I like to put it on a tissue and inhale. You could talk to your pharmacy about other over the counter remedies?
    As for the tooth pain, sinus problems can often present as dental problems. However, dental problems can also present as sinus problems . So if u have a tooth with an infected abscess it may feel like a sinus pain. But considering u said it feels like both sides of your sinus and only sometimes localised to one tooth, I'd say it was sinus issues. If it continues though it may be worth getting checked by a dentist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Funny this is mentioned cause a week ago I had a similar issue but I started to have pain as well which got pretty bad.
    Anyway I have just found this new doctor who recommend fess sinu cleanse its basically a nasal wash kinda looks like something from the medieval days but it works. It's not very pleasant, you get this saline solution that you mix with warm water in this huge bottle looking thing and shove it up your nose. It goes in one nostril and comes out the other. It flushes all the mucas out goes all the way around your sinuses. He suggested that before antibiotics which I'm not a fan off.
    I didn't expect it to work and was really shocked that the pain went after one use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fess nasal spray is great with Nurofen too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been suffering bad sinus pain the past few days. I've never had it this bad or for so long. Because I'm pregnant I'm not sure what to take and haven't had time to go to the chemist for advice. There's some good suggestions, must start with the nasal spray

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd definitely recommend some nasal spray! I have the same problem occasionally (allergy related) and the nasal spray really helps relieve that pressure. Ask the pharmacist what they would recommend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks guys I might see a pharmacist about it.

Missile I do have my wisdom teeth... They aren't hurting at all though. I just stuck my finger in my mouth and jabbed at them and they still feel fine... So don't think they're the problem...