+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's a shame I really like Kingsley...when DH and I couldn't agree on a name I just kept suggesting the same name until he agreed lol. But as it turned out after she was born we picked a name on the spot which we'd never even discussed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, I named both of our children. When I suggested DD's name he said no for a long time, then he came around (when I was 20 weeks pregnant), and now he loves it more than anything.

DS is 10 weeks old and when he was born we still hadn't agreed upon a name. As soon as I saw the little man I said "******. He is ****** ******". Hubby didn't disagree but I knew he didn't love it. And for the past 10 weeks I've been wracked with guilt, asking him constantly 'do you like this name better . . . '. Thankfully he really likes DS's name now but I still feel guilty.

(we COULDN'T come to a compromise. I know it would've only been fair for him to name DS seeing as though I named DD, but he wanted Eugene and only Eugene, and that wasn't going to happen.)

I feel your pain . Winning the naming rights isn't all it's cracked up to be, but it's better than your child having a crummy name.
    Last edited by scarymarygoldfish; 07-04-2013 at 20:39.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We agreed early on that DH would choose the name of the first boy and I the first girl, we had agreed on a short list for both together ( the night before my csection I might add )
    but the ultimate decision was up to one of us depending on what we had. Thankfully we had similar taste in names so this worked well for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    We has a shortlist of names and then ignored it for DS1 - I got first name, DH got middle name rights. For DS2, the same list was in play & DH immediately picked one when DS2 was born ( I wasn't sure about it though and didn't agree to anything until the anaesthetic drugs started to wear off ) & I got middle name rights. I can't imagine either boy with different names either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We agreed on a first name pretty easily but not so much a middle name. I wanted to name him after my dad but DF wasn't really into it.
    I ended up getting middle name rights by pointing out that as he was going to have DF's last name, I should be able to give him a middle name that represents my family
    There's no way I'd ever just say "you have no say". It's his baby too and he's going to use the first name every day so we both have to like it. It would be different if the father wasn't going to have anything to do with the kid but when you're raising a child together you have to compromise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH chose DS1 name however it was one of my favourites so it was easy.
    DS2 had a name through pregnancy that I loved but when he was born it didn't suit him, DH was no help so I named him, he chose a middle name and that was it. He didn't love his name but now it suits him wonderfully!

I loved you before I ever met you <3