+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs. You're really having a rough trot, and you're doing a fantastic job.

For ME, resting did nothing. I had to treat the thrush and infection. I'd be trying to see the GP straight away. Maybe even if they have walk in and wait appointments?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was offered it after DD1 who i had private in Perth. It is seriously amazing. I was and continue to be shocked at how few know about it.
    Not sure if it would work or be offered pre birth.

As pp said any physio that deals with womans health should offer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I have never heard of this laser treatment business! It sounds great if it really works, that's amazing. Is it something done everywhere? I've honestly never heard anyone mention it before and this is my 3rd pregnancy and I had extreme pain with both of my babies.

I wonder if it would be considered before birth as a prevention type thing, I'm guessing not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They also do it on your downstairs area after a tear or episiotomy.
    I went to the same place for deep tissue ultrasound on my mastitis affected breast lump, worked wonders!
    The ultrasound waves clear the blocked duct!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    Hugs. You're really having a rough trot, and you're doing a fantastic job.

For ME, resting did nothing. I had to treat the thrush and infection. I'd be trying to see the GP straight away. Maybe even if they have walk in and wait appointments?
    I could definitely get in to see my GP sooner, but he isn't great with this based on my last discussion with him. The GP I a hoping to see is also a LC - she is away until the end of the month and booked out for the week she is back. I am feeling more positive today that I can wait until then. I am still resting the left side - improvement in the crack but hasn't healed completely yet. The crack on the right initially got worse, but hasn't worsened in the last couple of days which is positive. Hopefully this period of rest will help, but if not then at least it is more evidence that something else is going on. I can take that information to the GP when I see her if issues are ongoing.

I really really hope that resting works, but it remains to be seen!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bressar View Post
    I was offered it after DD1 who i had private in Perth. It is seriously amazing. I was and continue to be shocked at how few know about it.
    Not sure if it would work or be offered pre birth.

As pp said any physio that deals with womans health should offer it.
    I am going to look into this further. Rang a couple of womens health physios local to me yesterday but they don't offer it. Plan on calling my hospital tomorrow Aust physio association was also no help in how to find physios that offer this unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggermum View Post
    sorry jumping in here after only reading the last page.
    I wouldn't wait 3 weeks to get in- I'd demand an earlier appointment... even if you have to lie when you ring up the receptionist and say I think I have mastitis to get an appointment same day. There is a three in one cream called kenacomb thats awesome and breastfeeding safe that can combat infection and thrush.
    Also anything that comes into contact with your nipples and bub's mouth will need to be boiled to kill the thrush - the chemical solutions just don't cut it. Thrush is a tough thing to get rid of.
    Unfortunately I have already tried Kenacomb and it didn't really help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    How are you going OP? I find washing cracks with bicarb and water mix does wonders to help healing and block feeding instead of total resting
    I am going to try the bicarb/water on my right ("good") side!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What state are you in OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bressar View Post
    What state are you in OP?
    I am in Vic.

Doing a search this morning there seem to be a few in Melbourne that say they do laser therapy. It is a bit of a pain (was hoping for a little closer with two kids) but will call them this morning and get some details

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick update.

After 6 days of rest, I fed my DS from my sore side on Saturday night and the crack opened straight back up. Since then I have fed him 3 times from that side and the pain is starting to get worse already

As a result I saw my GP today and we decided to start treatment for thrush (thanks MamaNurture!). Obviously "something" is going on as 6 days of rest did very little. I still have my appt with GP/LC in a couple of weeks, so if the current treatment isn't showing signs of working then hopefully she can provide some alternatives.

I had no luck finding laser therapy at any physios in Melbourne unfortunately.