+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Funny how men are never given a hard time for going on boys trips. Funny how no one says anything about men who go overseas for work for long periods. Anyone who says that sexism is not relevant these days needs their head read.

Poor little bubba, wtf. A one year old wouldn't even remember. And even if they did, they need to realise that mums and dads need a break sometimes. I wish I was the one going on a holiday!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (08-04-2013),LotusMum  (08-04-2013),SugarSkull  (08-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Funny how men are never given a hard time for going on boys trips. Funny how no one says anything about men who go overseas for work for long periods. Anyone who says that sexism is not relevant these days needs their head read.

Poor little bubba, wtf. A one year old wouldn't even remember. And even if they did, they need to realise that mums and dads need a break sometimes. I wish I was the one going on a holiday!
    Exactly!!! As soon as a mum wants to do something for herself it's a bad thing. It's freaking ridiculous! Pffft, whatever.
    We sacrifice so much as mum. We sacrifice our bodies for almost 10 months and deal with morning sickness, aching hips, aching backs, insomnia, tiredness, then go through hours and hours of labour or have a c section which takes us a few weeks to recover. We then spend sleepless nights comforting our babies and giving them the best nutrition they need, whether it be breastfeeding or making bottles at all hours of the night. We give up work for a little while or a long time, we give up our social life, we take care of not just our children, but our husbands as well. In the process of being a mum, we put everybody else before us. We eat last, sleep last, even shower last or IF we even get the chance to shower lol

Take the trip mama! You deserve it. You're a mum. It's a part of you. It doesn't define who you are. You're still you. You still have your own identity and you still have a life you need to live. You child will not remember you going away & you won't be gone for months. Enjoy yourself & live a little. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. An opportunity that won't come by again. You need to do this!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-04-2013),gizmoduckus  (08-04-2013),PuppyGuts  (08-04-2013),~ElectricPink~  (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree Beebs, there is a double standard, but if someone posted complaining that their hubby was going to miss his bubs first bday because he was heading off for a jaunt at the playboy mansion I doubt he'd be getting congratulated for it. So I think it's like a double/double standard or something! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mathermy, you are right - but it is probably because hubbys are usually the ones who get to go off and do things, and we aren't. I say take one for the team puppyguts - go and have some time to yourself!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

upforroundtwo  (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In my reply saying I wouldn't, I in no means meant that it's ok for a man to leave his family for a fun holiday on his own nor did I say it wasn't ok for the mother.
    Most people including myself who said wouldn't meant it more that we couldn't leave our kids / family for that long. I would miss them too much to enjoy myself and vice versa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I havnt read replies but I wouldn't because LA/playboy = zero interest for me + I find it hard to be away from DD for a day.

In saying that I would NOT judge you for going! You've been working for it & it means a lot to you! Your DS will be fine. I say go & enjoy yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, LA/Playboy is not my thing either. But if someone offered me a fully paid trip to do the rivers of Europe, I'd be there in a flash!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Playboy Mansion is not my thing, but LA and a costume Halloween party is!

I'm a shift worker, I regularly work birthdays, Christmas, Easter..... we just celebrate on the closest appropriate day. It isn't the date of the occasion that is so important, but the sentiment behind it that is important.

I would feel gutted if I missed a chance like that. I'm glad you have decided to go, and if you change your mind, I will gladly stand in for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Once in a lifetime opportunity. You need to go. As our parents children I'm sure most of us would agree we'd be more than happy for our mums to miss one birthday rather than miss a once in a lifetime opportunity... I know I would.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (08-04-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    In my reply saying I wouldn't, I in no means meant that it's ok for a man to leave his family for a fun holiday on his own nor did I say it wasn't ok for the mother.
    Most people including myself who said wouldn't meant it more that we couldn't leave our kids / family for that long. I would miss them too much to enjoy myself and vice versa
    I agree. I posted a while ago saying I wouldn't go. I get that DS/DD wouldn't remember, but I would. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else other than having fun with my baby and making a fuss of them on their first birthday. I also asked DF if he would go on an all expenses paid week away doing something he absolutely loved if it meant missing his child's first birthday and he said he wouldn't either.

That doesn't mean I judge a mother than would and I kind of resent the suggestion that I would. There are lots of things that I wouldn't do but I would defend a person's right to do them.