+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Non avent and closer to nature bottles

Oh edit, mods would this be better off in the bottle feeding section? Didn't think of that when I posted lol.

Which bottles did your bub like that aren't closer to nature or avent?
    Are the other tomee tippee ones like the scallyrocka's (love the punky sort of style of them) good? What about other brands like Nuk? Or any others that aren't as 'main******'? (I have avent and closer to nature ones already but want a selection before bub comes as I know I will be bottle feeding at some point most days).

Thanks ^_____^

Also feel free to suggest dummies but I have a few to try already but will still be good to know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    For dummies the only ones my kids have liked are the happy baby ones.

Tommee tippee closer to nature were my favourite bottles. We also used nuk. DS1 didn't like the avent ones. He was mostly breastfed but did have bottles when babysat.

Hope that helps a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    We just bought a cheapy 6 pack of bottles from Big W and DS was fine with them. He had no real prefrence between the standard shape or the orthodontic shape. His dummies were the tommee tippee ones that are red, blue and yellow. We tried a few different ones but that's what he prefered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went through a lot of different bottles and found that Mam were best suited as he was a very windy baby and it was a huge help. Annoying to clean bit was well worth it for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    I quite liked the medela bottles (and so did DS).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like the new nuby wide neck bottles. Cute pictures and colors. Similar to closer to nature but heaps cheaper and fit all the closer to nature accesories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy12 View Post
    I like the new nuby wide neck bottles. Cute pictures and colors. Similar to closer to nature but heaps cheaper and fit all the closer to nature accesories
    I used avent last time and really really didn't like them. With this bubba we are buying these new nuby wide neck ones as they are really similar to the closer to nature ones but much cheaper. Oh and they're quite cute

As far as a dummy goes DS only took the coles brand cherry soother but they are being discontinued. We have switched between nuby and tommy tippee

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second MAM bottles! We were using closer to nature & she was also very windy, we switched to mam when DD was 8 weeks & she was so much better straight away, not perfect but improved! They're sold at Target & Big W!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I third Mam. Cute colours. Self sterilising. Easy to clean and Nuk Dummies for some reason dd hated the mam ones lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I started giving my daughter the occasional bottle I used Avent but I had a sip of water out of one one day and all I could taste was plastic! Yuck!

So I moved onto Cherub Baby bottles. If you google it should come up They're durable glass with a colour change silicon sleeve and they're amazing! No plasticky taste at all!! They come in great colours and the new wide neck ones are easy for my daughter to hold and much easier to clean! The only downside is they aren't widely stocked. I know Baby Bunting have them but I usually order them from the website, the postage is quick and fairly cheap. They're an Australian company as well which is great!