+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Keeping pregnancy a secret

So when i was 18 i found out i was pregnant with my boyfriend at the time and him and i decided it was the right thing to get an abortion but after going to the abortion clinic twice with him and not being able to go through with it twice we decided we would keep the baby. He was older than me he was 25 and had a really good, stable job so we knew we would be ok however when my mum found out everything went wrong. She basically told me if i kept the baby she would disown me and kicked me out of the house that day. After a week of crying and stressing out i gave in to her and she took me to get an abortion. It broke my heart although now i realise it was for the best and i wasn't ready plus my boyfriend at the time and i are no longer together.

The problem is though i am now 21 and pregnant again and defiantly keeping the baby. I am 22weeks pregnant with a baby girl and the babies father and i live together and he owns his own company and completely supports me financially. We are really well off and live a great life but because of the situation with my mum last time i still haven't told her i am pregnant and now that i can't really hide it anymore i just don't know how to tell her. Every time i see her i can't bring myself to say it to her face do you think calling and telling her is ok? Or would it be better for my sister to tell her?

Sorry that was super long but thought i needed to explain it all.
    Last edited by mon101; 06-04-2013 at 16:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Calling is fine. Call when you think she isnt home so you can leave a well thought out message. Also then she can think things over before she responds. Maybe write down what uou want to say. Or perhaps email or write a letter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Calling is fine Congrats on your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think calling is fine. Hopefully given your circumstances this time around she'll react better. If not just give her time to come around to the idea, I'm sure she will when she has a beautiful granddaughter! Congrats!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations im 22 and preg with my first. Just remember that no matter what this is your decision, and even if it takes a little time she will accept it.

I would call, and that way if you or her need a little time to cool off and have the news sink in you can before seeing each other.

Congratz on your gorgeous bubba!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!! I was 18 and although DS was planned, I called my mum lol. Gave her time alone to process after our call, so calling is fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girlies! Ah i am freaking out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I fell pregnant at 18 and telling my mother was an absolute gut wrenching experience. It wasn't a pleasant experience at all so when i fell pregnant with my 2nd at 21, i never told her.
    If you aren't up to telling your mum but still want her to know, let your sis tell her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mon101 View Post
    Thanks girlies! Ah i am freaking out!
    You never know, she might surprise ya and be totally stoked! After it sunk in, my mum jumped straight onto the grandma train

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i would send her a scan picture in a "congratulations on becomming a grandma" card...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (06-04-2013)