+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Contraception is a two way street. Both man and woman are responsible for protecting themselves, If he didn't want a baby he should have worn a condom. Regardless of what she said she was or was not on.

One and to think though if he was happy to have sex with her without a condom, how many other has their been without one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Even if she did "trap" him he still has to pay CS. I do feel for some men who have had babies forced upon them but at the end of the day no protection is 100% so if they don't want to run the risk then don't have s3x simple.
    I knew of a woman who kept the used condom to insert the stuff after her boyfriend left now that's entrapment on a whole other level yuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I laugh at the idea of 'trapping' him. What sacrifices is he making to be 'trapped', beyond the financial? The only thing he can be forced to do is pay child support, they don't force them to have contact or be a good Dad. Men generally don't have to sacrifice their own health whilst carrying a baby and single mothers are more likely to live in poverty than almost any other group in society. The time spent not working will mean she will have less superannuation for her retirement and last time I checked very few people received from the FOB 50% of all the financial costs of raising a child. Meanwhile he will be able to continue earning an income with no obligation to pay the costs of childcare, earning superannuation and all the rest...
    Seems to me he is anything but trapped....
    I agree in theory. However if a woman does truly trap a man and gets herself pregnant she should be prepared for the financial consequences of going it alone. Given non custodial parents pay sweet fa in child support vs the real cost of raising a child would anyone really go into it thinking there was a financial benefit?
    Last edited by Sonja; 06-04-2013 at 18:53.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Any child that is born costs money to raise, so regardless of how or why the baby was conceived (except perhaps in extreme circumstances), the father must pay child support if he is the non-custodial parent.

He shouldn't worry too much though. It seriously is a pittance for many people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Any child that is born costs money to raise, so regardless of how or why the baby was conceived (except perhaps in extreme circumstances), the father must pay child support if he is the non-custodial parent.

He shouldn't worry too much though. It seriously is a pittance for many people.
    That's my point. I know of 2 women who have so called "trapped" a man and both did it not wanting the man to provide any financial or other support at all. They did it because they wanted a baby and were not in a relationship.

I've never heard of a woman trapping a man for the financial support. It seems like a cr@ppy money making enterprise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy cheeks View Post
    Even if she did "trap" him he still has to pay CS. I do feel for some men who have had babies forced upon them but at the end of the day no protection is 100% so if they don't want to run the risk then don't have s3x simple.
    I knew of a woman who kept the used condom to insert the stuff after her boyfriend left now that's entrapment on a whole other level yuck.
    I really hope in that case it didn't work. That's pretty bl00dy bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think women who are wanting babies but no relationship or monetary help should go about it in a fairer way.

If somehow men had babies and DP "tricked," me into it, but didn't want anything from me other than the necessary contribution for a baby to be made... well, I'd still be angry, because I wouldn't want MY kid wandering around... whether I saw it or paid for it or not. Not without my permission.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I laugh at the idea of 'trapping' him. What sacrifices is he making to be 'trapped', beyond the financial? The only thing he can be forced to do is pay child support, they don't force them to have contact or be a good Dad. Men generally don't have to sacrifice their own health whilst carrying a baby and single mothers are more likely to live in poverty than almost any other group in society. The time spent not working will mean she will have less superannuation for her retirement and last time I checked very few people received from the FOB 50% of all the financial costs of raising a child. Meanwhile he will be able to continue earning an income with no obligation to pay the costs of childcare, earning superannuation and all the rest...
    Seems to me he is anything but trapped....
    I think the problem arises when a child is brought into existence that the emotional impact can't be anticipated (in most cases). Regardless of whether the man only has to worry about the future financial burden, it would be a pretty unfeeling man who didn't then carry an emotional burden regardless of whether he chose not to see the child or to be a part of their life.

Unfortunately some people think only of having a baby, they don't think of the ramifications of the fact that they are raising an adult who is likely in the future to want more than just to have been brought into the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I really hope in that case it didn't work. That's pretty bl00dy bad!
    Not too sure if she got her baby after she told our group of GF's this (on a drunken night out) we stopped inviting her out and stopped answering her calls we were all revolted and we voiced our opinions.