+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I think the trapping thing is one thing, l
    betraying someone your in a committed relationship with or as a casual thing or one nighter, there's that whole issue that (I think) it's morally wrong for someone to do to another person.

But people get pregnant by accident, on the pill, using condoms, things happen if you are having set you should be well aware that it can happen and be prepared for the consequences, whether in a relationship or not. If you aren't prepared for a pregnancy as a result of sex you shouldn't have sex. Whether you believe the other person is on the pill or if you are using contraception, nothing is 100% effective.
    Completely agree! 2 forms of effective birth control (one from each partner) correctly used produce an absolutely tiny chance of failure. For example pill/condom around the one in a thousand cycles or less chance. Can't take that chance, dont do it!
    Disclaimer * never have to worry about it myself, as pregnancy free relations is the gay superpower

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How utterly ridiculous. If he is the father he will have to pay, end of story. There is not a birth control out there that is 100% effective, and pregnancy is a risk you pay when you choose to have sex.

And, on the 'trapping' issue - anyone low enough to not want to pay support for their child is certainly no catch and not worth 'trapping'. He shouldn't flatter himself.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-04-2013),Chew the Mintie  (06-04-2013),Ellewood  (06-04-2013),HugsBunny  (07-04-2013),αληθη  (06-04-2013),Sabochan  (06-04-2013),shelle65  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabella View Post
    Also, child support is for the child, and they are blameless and definitely not guilty of any trapping....
    Excellent point!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This guy has been an absolute pr*ck. saying "I never had any sort of feelings for you", "you want money because you are jealous that I moved on"...

Mate. If you didn't want to be with her, don't have s*x with her.
    if you don't want children. Use a condom.

She doesn't want your money, she needs it to support your child!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (06-04-2013),αληθη  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    If she did infact deliberately trap him, I feel for him. But it's not the child's fault. Therefore yes I think he should contribute to his child.

eta it sounds like your cousin did not trap him at all and he's just throwing that in like many men do to try to weasle out of CS. If that is the case, zero sympathy from me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (06-04-2013),ozeymumof5  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If the child is his, he has to pay. That's the law. I cant say i feel sorry for him- He had sex. He knows sex creates babies. He chose not to take any responsibility for contraception so it's kinda tough luck IMO. Even if the woman takes the pill religiously, and the man wears a condom, there is always a tiny sliver of a chance. Everyone having sex should know that!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (06-04-2013),αληθη  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    This guy has been an absolute pr*ck. saying "I never had any sort of feelings for you", "you want money because you are jealous that I moved on"...

Mate. If you didn't want to be with her, don't have s*x with her.
    if you don't want children. Use a condom.

She doesn't want your money, she needs it to support your child!
    Geez, what a prince.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No one made him hve sex with her and regardless wether she was on the pill or not he should of made sure prior to dtd with her. If she can prove its his yes he will have to pay cs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Just from the other thread I have a question...

My cousin has been accused of "trapping" her ex to fall pregnant. Ex "fling" is now saying he refuses to pay child support as he was mislead. She said she was on birth control when she wasn't (Im not sure if this is true). Is there a case against her or will he just have to pay up?
    How the baby came to be us irrelevant. The fact is there IS now a baby and that baby has to be supported by the people that made him/her. He is misinformed about the purpose of child support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    it sure is a catch 22 with the other thread. If he doesn't want to pay child support because he left the contraception trust in her hands, then it's his own fault. He should have worn a condom reguardless. BTW..come 'flings' aren't ppl worried about STD's...shouldn't a condom be worn anyway??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

moosey  (06-04-2013)