+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post

If they love each other then they will work to overcome a problem, but if the problem can't be overcome (e.g., one person no longer wants a sexual relationship), then it may be the case that the relationship has to end. (If neither party can live with the alternative, that is.) It doesn't mean the other person has the right to force the one who doesn't want it to have sex. And, in this instance, their right to say no DOES outweigh the other person's wish for them to say yes.
    Thanks for clarifying.

A person has a right not to be forced to do something they don't want to do.

Someone who wants children should not be forced to be childless (in this case, they should find a new partner).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    In the same way it's not OK for a man to force a woman to have sex against her will, it's not OK for a woman to force a man to have a baby against his will.

Despicable.
    Exactly what I was trying to say in a more roundabout (and multiple post) way.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (07-04-2013),NancyBlackett  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I dont think people are aware of just how common it is for men to be dishonest, too. My ex told me he was infertile, probably as a means to not have to wear condoms but I do think he did believe it to an extent. I couldn't take the pill because it made me crazy. Of course, when we fell pregnant together it was "my fault" being a woman and all. Now I just give up, and have resigned myself to the fact I'm never having a planned baby with anyone, I can't "just find someone else" to have a baby with. I have spent my life, since age 19, in long term relationships and they just don't want it with me, I cannot afford to give everything up, wait until age 35+ when they are "ready" to have children. I can empathise with just how desperate some people can become. I haven't got endless funds for sperm donation on my own.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (04-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I dont think people are aware of just how common it is for men to be dishonest, too. My ex told me he was infertile, probably as a means to not have to wear condoms but I do think he did believe it to an extent. I couldn't take the pill because it made me crazy. Of course, when we fell pregnant together it was "my fault" being a woman and all. Now I just give up, and have resigned myself to the fact I'm never having a planned baby with anyone, I can't "just find someone else" to have a baby with. I have spent my life, since age 19, in long term relationships and they just don't want it with me, I cannot afford to give everything up, wait until age 35+ when they are "ready" to have children. I can empathise with just how desperate some people can become. I haven't got endless funds for sperm donation on my own.
    I don't think anyone's saying that it isn't a really hard situation, nor that sometimes people do feel desperate.

However, forcing someone you're supposed to love into something they don't want to do can never be right either.

There are lots of situations where someone is unable to get what they want in life (whether that's a relationship, or a child, or whatever), but that doesn't make it right to force the issue, or do something deceitful, when it has such a huge impact on other people.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So if a woman finds herself in a position that she only has a couple of kids and wanting more then surely the option of sperm donation would be a far better option then deceit. Unless the whole reason for tricking the man is for him to later pay for a child he doesn't want.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I told DH within two months of first going out what I wanted from the relationship (ie. marriage and start ttc from when im 23 which is now). However, he is 16 years older than me and was ready to settle down when we met and had to wait for me to be 'ready'.

Thanks for telling your story about your ex...it adds some perspective to the discussion ...everyone seems to be implying that the baby crazy women are at fault. Again, i agree they shouldn't be trapping though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Benji  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I don't think anyone's saying that it isn't a really hard situation, nor that sometimes people do feel desperate.

However, forcing someone you're supposed to love into something they don't want to do can never be right either.

There are lots of situations where someone is unable to get what they want in life (whether that's a relationship, or a child, or whatever), but that doesn't make it right to force the issue, or do something deceitful, when it has such a huge impact on other people.
    I do agree, although I often feel I have been forced into a situation where I won't get the family I want. And I feel I may never recover from it. Either way, there is hurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    This is us...after 2 kids we decided no more and I told him I'm done with bc so it's up to you, we now have 5 lol. I'm waiting for the mirena but between now and then it's still up to him
    Lol Thanx for the tip. Maybe I should take matters into my own hands...
    It's up to my DH at the moment and he is very laxed about it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do agree, although I often feel I have been forced into a situation where I won't get the family I want. And I feel I may never recover from it. Either way, there is hurt.
    I definitely understand that

And I do empathise with the situation too. I understand the feeling of wanting to do that (trick someone), and the hurt, fear, and desperation behind it, but not the actual carrying out of that action.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would never have a baby to trap someone, but if I had not met DH and wanted a baby I would not have ruled out the idea of trying to get pregnant to a random guy.

I will never know if I would have carried through with this, but I know that I would have at least considered it.

I am financially independent so I would never have asked for child support.