Closed Thread
Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    I am the same Ponytail, I go mad at my desk in the office. It's torture! The most exciting part of my day is when I go and check my CM and CP in the toilets and pop it in my app! Hahaha. So lame

Hope AF doesn't show for you.

I am having the worst backache tonight which is unusual for me. Feels like I have been standing up all day. Plus having lots of cramps on both sides (and – ew – lots of gas). Hopefully it's a good thing but could just be bad posture and cramps from wind!!

Good luck waiting kayem, it sure is tough!!

Sorry to hear about your bfn Daenerys isn't it not over until AF shows though?
    OMG me too hahahah a! I also sit online and read pregnancy journals all day which probably doesn't help lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    OMG me too hahahah a! I also sit online and read pregnancy journals all day which probably doesn't help lol
    Me too! I've already bought two pregnancy books! And my foxtel iq is filled with 'baby story' 'deliver me' 'one born every minute'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Me too! I've already bought two pregnancy books! And my foxtel iq is filled with 'baby story' 'deliver me' 'one born every minute'
    You're just preparing, and getting psychologically ready - that's all! (Was this a good excuse?) We bought a pregnancy book when we first went to conceive - I think it mainly came in handy for the whole developmental side/interest side of things. Most complications that I've had were never in there or very briefly mentioned! So that's why you can justify the tv shows and pregnancy journals - much more practical!

The most turned-to page in my pregnancy book is the EDD page. It's been the same as the doctor's every time, as I already take into account the longer cycles. It's also where I turn to each month to see what the possible outcome would be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha, i have a couple of books too and love watching one born every minute! I think of it as being prepared too. Better to know what your in for now than getting a shock when the time comes. That's my way of making me feel better about it anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    ^^^^^i love these shows!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't do the watching of the birth/baby shows, I find them incredibly unrealistic and very much swayed towards the dramatic and traumatic end of the scale, and it gives women a false expectation of what their labour and birth experience will be like. What is excruciating to one person is a tickle to another. I now have friends going "I watched this chick have her baby on OBEM and I am definitely having an epidural!" I just don't think we should go into such a hugely individual experience with pre-conceived ideals and expectations.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    My temp went down again AF is probably not far off, so no test for me today.
    that totally sucks heres hoping tha the stupid witch doesnt show for you. Sending hugs, baby dust and no af vibes your way

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't do the watching of the birth/baby shows, I find them incredibly unrealistic and very much swayed towards the dramatic and traumatic end of the scale, and it gives women a false expectation of what their labour and birth experience will be like. What is excruciating to one person is a tickle to another. I now have friends going "I watched this chick have her baby on OBEM and I am definitely having an epidural!" I just don't think we should go into such a hugely individual experience with pre-conceived ideals and expectations.
    Also a valid point ponytail - I don't think any of these shows existed on Aust. tv until after we had our children. It is interesting looking at the shows in retrospect - also a bit amusing too! I think some of it would cause possible anxiety in a pre-children me. Going in with a flexible, confident mind is probably the best, which ever way this is achieved.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-05-2013),Ponytail  (17-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Also a valid point ponytail - I don't think any of these shows existed on Aust. tv until after we had our children. It is interesting looking at the shows in retrospect - also a bit amusing too! I think some of it would cause possible anxiety in a pre-children me. Going in with a flexible, confident mind is probably the best, which ever way this is achieved.
    Agree, I don't need anymore anxiety about pregnancy thank you hahahah I'm not even pregnant yet and terrified!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree, I don't need anymore anxiety about pregnancy thank you hahahah I'm not even pregnant yet and terrified!
    Nothing to be terrified of - we had a 'regular' labour with our third and it was so easy and walked out on home later that night. (Not that there is anything wrong with screaming or panting, but I've never felt the need to during labour - each to their own!)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-05-2013),Ponytail  (17-05-2013)