Closed Thread
Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1032
  1. #801
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    777
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked
    326
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    I am the same Ponytail, I go mad at my desk in the office. It's torture! The most exciting part of my day is when I go and check my CM and CP in the toilets and pop it in my app! Hahaha. So lame

    Hope AF doesn't show for you.

    I am having the worst backache tonight which is unusual for me. Feels like I have been standing up all day. Plus having lots of cramps on both sides (and – ew – lots of gas). Hopefully it's a good thing but could just be bad posture and cramps from wind!!

    Good luck waiting kayem, it sure is tough!!

    Sorry to hear about your bfn Daenerys isn't it not over until AF shows though?
    OMG me too hahahah a! I also sit online and read pregnancy journals all day which probably doesn't help lol

  2. #802
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    587
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked
    503
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    OMG me too hahahah a! I also sit online and read pregnancy journals all day which probably doesn't help lol
    Me too! I've already bought two pregnancy books! And my foxtel iq is filled with 'baby story' 'deliver me' 'one born every minute'

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,831
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Me too! I've already bought two pregnancy books! And my foxtel iq is filled with 'baby story' 'deliver me' 'one born every minute'
    You're just preparing, and getting psychologically ready - that's all! (Was this a good excuse?) We bought a pregnancy book when we first went to conceive - I think it mainly came in handy for the whole developmental side/interest side of things. Most complications that I've had were never in there or very briefly mentioned! So that's why you can justify the tv shows and pregnancy journals - much more practical!

    The most turned-to page in my pregnancy book is the EDD page. It's been the same as the doctor's every time, as I already take into account the longer cycles. It's also where I turn to each month to see what the possible outcome would be!

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,146
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked
    392
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hahaha, i have a couple of books too and love watching one born every minute! I think of it as being prepared too. Better to know what your in for now than getting a shock when the time comes. That's my way of making me feel better about it anyway

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    961
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked
    342
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaenerysT View Post
    Me too! I've already bought two pregnancy books! And my foxtel iq is filled with 'baby story' 'deliver me' 'one born every minute'
    ^^^^^i love these shows!

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    777
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked
    326
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't do the watching of the birth/baby shows, I find them incredibly unrealistic and very much swayed towards the dramatic and traumatic end of the scale, and it gives women a false expectation of what their labour and birth experience will be like. What is excruciating to one person is a tickle to another. I now have friends going "I watched this chick have her baby on OBEM and I am definitely having an epidural!" I just don't think we should go into such a hugely individual experience with pre-conceived ideals and expectations.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (17-05-2013)

  8. #807
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    My temp went down again AF is probably not far off, so no test for me today.
    that totally sucks heres hoping tha the stupid witch doesnt show for you. Sending hugs, baby dust and no af vibes your way

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

    Funchu  (17-05-2013)

  10. #808
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,831
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    I can't do the watching of the birth/baby shows, I find them incredibly unrealistic and very much swayed towards the dramatic and traumatic end of the scale, and it gives women a false expectation of what their labour and birth experience will be like. What is excruciating to one person is a tickle to another. I now have friends going "I watched this chick have her baby on OBEM and I am definitely having an epidural!" I just don't think we should go into such a hugely individual experience with pre-conceived ideals and expectations.
    Also a valid point ponytail - I don't think any of these shows existed on Aust. tv until after we had our children. It is interesting looking at the shows in retrospect - also a bit amusing too! I think some of it would cause possible anxiety in a pre-children me. Going in with a flexible, confident mind is probably the best, which ever way this is achieved.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (17-05-2013),Ponytail  (17-05-2013)

  12. #809
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    777
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked
    326
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Also a valid point ponytail - I don't think any of these shows existed on Aust. tv until after we had our children. It is interesting looking at the shows in retrospect - also a bit amusing too! I think some of it would cause possible anxiety in a pre-children me. Going in with a flexible, confident mind is probably the best, which ever way this is achieved.
    Agree, I don't need anymore anxiety about pregnancy thank you hahahah I'm not even pregnant yet and terrified!

  13. #810
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,831
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    Agree, I don't need anymore anxiety about pregnancy thank you hahahah I'm not even pregnant yet and terrified!
    Nothing to be terrified of - we had a 'regular' labour with our third and it was so easy and walked out on home later that night. (Not that there is anything wrong with screaming or panting, but I've never felt the need to during labour - each to their own!)

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (17-05-2013),Ponytail  (17-05-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC after miscarriage testing thread #3
    By jazz1910 in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 606
    Last Post: 24-12-2015, 11:28
  2. Magical May Testing Thread
    By GDYB03 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 21:57
  3. Magical May Testing Thread!
    By LillyPonds in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 437
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 19:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 12 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!