Closed Thread
Page 65 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Okay, so afternoon and evening, but not usually in the morning - yes?
    Might check tonight if that is the case. Only have 7 tests, so I hope o happens somewhere between CD15 and CD22!...and not like CD26 like it did the other month. I only need to know for test purposes and not TTC this month, so would every second day give me some line still...or could I miss dual lines altogether doing this? Perhaps I'll leave it one more day before starting. I guess it would help rule out those days if I get nothing anyway wouldn't it!
    Its hard to say...it varies by person. I had lines all throughout my cycle but it would start getting darker 2-4 days before a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    How many times a day do you test? I've only used them a couple times so still learning!
    I tested twice (or more) a day the first couple of months. Then the last few months i just tested once a day (6-8pm) and put my darkest test as my positive because my surge was often overnight. Tbh, the cycle i got pregnant i didn't get a true positive...so if you don't end up getting a positive or think you missed the surge don't assume you haven't ovulated!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, last year when we got pregnant I never got a dark line but just ignored it and kept having sex every other day. I'll test a couple times a day this next cycle but stick with dtd every other day/every day no matter what. DH thinks we went too hard too early last cycle, thinks he had no swimmers left by the end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Yes, last year when we got pregnant I never got a dark line but just ignored it and kept having sex every other day. I'll test a couple times a day this next cycle but stick with dtd every other day/every day no matter what. DH thinks we went too hard too early last cycle, thinks he had no swimmers left by the end!
    As long as he's pretty healthy and your dtd every second day i'm sure he has plenty of swimmers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    Its hard to say...it varies by person. I had lines all throughout my cycle but it would start getting darker 2-4 days before a positive.

I tested twice (or more) a day the first couple of months. Then the last few months i just tested once a day (6-8pm) and put my darkest test as my positive because my surge was often overnight. Tbh, the cycle i got pregnant i didn't get a true positive...so if you don't end up getting a positive or think you missed the surge don't assume you haven't ovulated!

Cool. Well I haven't had a cycle under 32 days since forever, so I might start tomorrow and hope that I don't have a super long one. I never used to ovulate before having kids, and then I had no problems, but right now I have no idea what my body is doing and it doesn't matter for this month, so long as I get an idea of when it is at least 'trying' to ovulate in order to pick the right date for BTs. I used to have the CD21 bloods done all the time before falling with our first, and would know when o 'day' was supposed to be, but my body is no longer doing anything normal which is annoying...and expensive! Thanks BT - hope all is well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Cool. Well I haven't had a cycle under 32 days since forever, so I might start tomorrow and hope that I don't have a super long one. I never used to ovulate before having kids, and then I had no problems, but right now I have no idea what my body is doing and it doesn't matter for this month, so long as I get an idea of when it is at least 'trying' to ovulate in order to pick the right date for BTs. I used to have the CD21 bloods done all the time before falling with our first, and would know when o 'day' was supposed to be, but my body is no longer doing anything normal which is annoying...and expensive! Thanks BT - hope all is well.
    Thanks Little Ted. Everything seems good...just a little stress about organising everything and not being able to eat much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Little Ted. Everything seems good...just a little stress about organising everything and not being able to eat much.

Is it organising things for bubs or something else that you're stressed about? The eating part is always interesting - just when you think the ms (my FIL couldn't understand why I was getting ms all day!) has finished, in kicks the reflux - hopefully you will be feeling better soon and won't have to experience the whole reflux thing. The ms is somewhat reassuring for me. It's different for everyone, but it's the constant in my pregnancies that I got to keep. Must say in a sense that I can't wait to feel like throwing up again. My SILs had no morning sickness though and had problem-free pregnancies, timed to a t.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Is it organising things for bubs or something else that you're stressed about? The eating part is always interesting - just when you think the ms (my FIL couldn't understand why I was getting ms all day!) has finished, in kicks the reflux - hopefully you will be feeling better soon and won't have to experience the whole reflux thing. The ms is somewhat reassuring for me. It's different for everyone, but it's the constant in my pregnancies that I got to keep. Must say in a sense that I can't wait to feel like throwing up again. My SILs had no morning sickness though and had problem-free pregnancies, timed to a t.
    Organising antenatal, birth and postnatal care...and organising gp appointments and bt around working full time. Driving me a bit nuts as I want to organise it asap (I'm hiring private midwives and they only take ~ 6 women a month)...fx its organised by the end of the week!

As for m/s...haven't had much spewing but my stomach has been upset every second day since I found out and I've been a little to moderately nauseous most of the time. My appetite has disappeared completely...i don't get hungry and can't eat much because if I eat too much I feel over-full and my stomach kills. Its thrown me out completely because I love eating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Organising antenatal, birth and postnatal care...and organising gp appointments and bt around working full time. Driving me a bit nuts as I want to organise it asap (I'm hiring private midwives and they only take ~ 6 women a month)...fx its organised by the end of the week!

As for m/s...haven't had much spewing but my stomach has been upset every second day since I found out and I've been a little to moderately nauseous most of the time. My appetite has disappeared completely...i don't get hungry and can't eat much because if I eat too much I feel over-full and my stomach kills. Its thrown me out completely because I love eating.
    Hopefully you will also get to enjoy your pregnancy at some stage, once the important things are booked in. Hope all goes well with your labour and you are able to birth the way you want to. I won't tell you my stories - promise (hopefully you haven't read them elsewhere!). I found people telling me their stories helped me to go in with an open mind and partially prepared for what could happen, though for some people it tends to knock their confidence and prefer not to be told which is also a valid way to go. I was working full time as a teacher when I had my first (handed in my resignation when I was on maternity leave and found out number two was on their way). I usually got bloods done either on the way to or from work. Afternoons was usually quicker as I found a quiet centre and all the 'regulars' and elderly people usually go first thing in the morning.

I remember being told to eat small amounts often. I think I ate crackers a bit - they were dry and went down easier. And if I wasn't driving I found closing my eyes helped with the car making the ms worse. Hope you can get yourself to drink enough fluids.

Hope you're in bed - you should be! Glad you are keeping up with the thread still. Even though we are on a break from TTC, it's great to see others moving on and getting their BFPs. Can't wait to hear the final outcomes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (12-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    10-11dpo (not sure) but, bfn.
    I'm not 'too early' just not preg.
    I knew it was almost a certainty as we didn't really try.

Hope to see some bfps!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    10-11dpo (not sure) but, bfn.
    I'm not 'too early' just not preg.
    I knew it was almost a certainty as we didn't really try.

Hope to see some bfps!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I was hoping you'd be one of those "we weren't really trying, but" people. fx for you for next cycle.

AFM - 11 dpo, temp still high, trying to decide whether to test tomorrow or wait until Friday (my mum's birthday)