+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnancy Blues

I am in my third trimester & have really been finding myself wanting to cry all the time!

I really have found pregnancy to be very hard, emotionally & physically.. Dealing with the changes to my body and the lack of motivation or energy.

Is anyone else feeling this way? My sister and mother both have depression so I'm not too sure whether what I'm feeling is normal or I should be worried..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - I would chat to your doctor or midwife about this. While I have been more emotional - ie. easier to cry and easier to get angry at things etc. I don't feel depressed - actually I feel a lovely sense of anticipation and excitement.
    If you are experiencing some form of depression you really need to speak to a doctor now - before your baby is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was diagnosed with pre-natal depression with my first but luckily after having bub I didn't get post-natal. I absolutly hated everything about that pregnancy. Uncontrollable bouts of crying and wanting it all to be over. My advice, talk to your doc they may want to get you to see a phycologist and it will also mean they will follow you up once you have bub. Listen to some upbeat music. Stay away from sappy movies and watch funny ones. Catch up with friends as much as possible as a way to pass the time before your little bundle gets here. Generally just stay busy! REarrange the room/house again. Wash more baby clothes. Enjoy glaring at people who go on and on about how wonderful pregnancy is. PFFT! End result = good. Pregnancy = bad. lol

This time around my pregnancy has actually been alot more physically difficult (lots of morning sickness ect.) but I haven't felt as bad emotionally. I think it helps most of the time I'm running after a two year old....

Sending hugs your way! Remember pregnancy cannot last forever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find I am feeling the same, and then feel doubly bad because we got pregnant so easily and we have been so blessed. I find I feel so angry all the time too and have a short fuse with my partner and son. I never felt this way with the last pregnancy. Just can't wait to meet this baby so the pregnancy bit is over!!

Hope you go ok, let me know if you need any moral support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies! I have been feeling a bit better lately. I definitely have a short fuse with my partner though.

It's hard as I know a few other women who are pregnant/have recently had babies and they seem to have perfect pregnancies and babies. Makes you feel like crap when everyone around you seems to be loving pregnancy and I'm absolutely hating it! I also feel bad as I know that it's such a blessing and so many women would love to be in my position but I can't help but hate it!

I wonder whether women actually do have perfect babies or pregnancies or whether its just what they would like us to think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    I wonder whether women actually do have perfect babies or pregnancies or whether its just what they would like us to think.
    LoL I vote its what they want us to think especially since my first didn't sleep through till 18 months old.... and still wakes up a few nights a week... Gotta love him but! I wouldn't have him any otherway.