+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Recommend a stroller/pram

Help! I'm on the lookout for a new stroller/pram for my 3 month old and don't know where to start.

Needs to fold easily, be lightweight, good on all terrain and preferably have a reversible seat or handle. I'm also hoping not to spend more than $400.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The steelcraft acclaim has the reversible handle. My cousin has bought one but hasn't had her baby yet so I can't offer any feedback. Good luck, pram shopping is so hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know heaps of people with the Steelcraft Acclaim and they all love it. I actually lay byed (sp?) one myself but then was given a second hand Steelcraft Eden which is very similar to the Acclaim. From what I can see, the Eden just seems to be an earlier model of the Acclaim, just a different colour. I love my Eden but I'm not sure if its still available for purchase. The Acclaim & Eden are the older style of pram so are good if you don't like the look of the bugaboo style prams (I think those ones look weird).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The steelcraft acclaim has the reversible handle. My cousin has bought one but hasn't had her baby yet so I can't offer any feedback. Good luck, pram shopping is so hard!
    I used the acclaim for my first and I loved it! It is a bit chunky but that wasn't something we cared about. It looks really comfy for bubba and we found it really awesome to steer. Never had any problems with it even after I gave it to my sister for her little boy Its still going strong two years later Oh and it wasn't expensive at all, definitely cheaper than $400

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you considered secondhand?
    If you don't want secondhand, the steelcraft cruiser is cheap. Although not exactly lightweight, I loved it! I only replaced it because we are ttc our second so I got the strider.

A friend has a steelcraft acclaim and it's a b@stard to push and it's not lighter than the cruiser. At the time I had the cruiser and after she tried it, she sold her acclaim and bought a cruiser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought the acclaim and hate it!
    It was sent for repairs under warranty twice and now the warranty has expired the pram is broken and I'm not paying for it to be fixed. It was never that easy to steer and you definitely two hands to push. I wish I had spent the extra money on a strider or something.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 06-04-2013 at 15:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have the strider plus with second seat but I am selling it because it is to heavy to lift in and out of my car. I want something smaller and lighter so have decided on the bugaboo bee and ill buy the wheeler board attachment. I want something that is quick and easy because I have to do school pick ups and drop offs and can't even be bothered getting the strider out. BUT the strider is a really good pram, it's solid and comfortable for the girls. I think it's more suited to extended shopping trips, going to the zoo or out for the day, that sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I bought a secondhand strider plus 3. Best thing I ever got and secondhand on ebay it only cost me $300 with the two seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I currently have the steelcraft cruiser which I liked for my 1st bub but now with 2 kids I find it hard to get it set up and both kids out of the car. It's also bulky with the extra bits and pieces I'm carrying around. I'm actually now looking at a valco snap