+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    We won't tell the babies name only because I don't want to hear the response from people.. If ppl don't like a name, once the baby is born and named they tend to shut up, but prior to birth they think they are doing you some kind of favour by offering their opinion.

My friend wrecked the name Nicholas for me I've always liked it and always been vocal about it hubby doesn't like it so it wasn't on the list, however she said it reminds her of 'knicker-less' so now hats ruined for me! Lucky hubby doesn't like it huh!

My MIL ruined my daughters name to be by convincing my hubby it was a boys name... Yeah in like the 1800's lol (Aubrey was the name) I still absolutely adore the name... :-(
    This exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same situation - 22 weeks and we have some ideas for names. Got absolutely hounded at work to tell ppl my list and I ended up telling them. Completely regretted it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just tell people you're keeping it a secret and don't give in.. If people get upset then they really need to grow up. Tell them you'll tell them when bubba is born : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've done that both times, and when people ask if we've picked a name I just say "Yes, but it's top secret!" No one's pushed it.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm in the same boat too- 23 weeks tomorrow and we've had our name set for a few weeks.

People can be weird- we found out the sex, we WANT to tell people but they don't want to know (my brothers in particular are very fussy about this).

We know the name, we DON'T want to tell, but people keep asking.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    All I told people was that we hadn't chosen a name yet.

We had what we wanted in mind but wanted to see if it suited her.

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I kept my first sons name a secret, the only person who knew was my SIL as her last name is Jackson and I Only had one name I loved and that was Jaxon. So I ran it by her .
    My second son I told a few people and was shocked at a couple of responses , one being from my cousin who cracked it as that was her boys name for when her and her fiancé had a baby. She was quiet emotional about it and 5 years later she has had her first child and a girl, where the name was Kaiden and for a boy so lucky I decided not to pay attention to the outburst about my name 'stealing'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just say you don't know. We knew the sex and name of DD2 and just said we didn't know when questioned, it was easy, people really aren't as interested as we like to believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have some fun with it! With our first, we were pretty certain of her name, Isla, from the beginning - we told family and our best friends. We told everyone else the name was Gertrude or Beryl (stone faced) - they would be like "you must be joking" and we would respond with - no, Beryl is my grandmothers/aunts/etc name and we want to honor that... Most people backed off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just say you haven't chose one yet. Nothing coming to you and you want to see what baby looks like first.