+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Keeping the name a secret?! Help

So we have decided to keep bubbas name a secret because i am SICK of hearing everyones opinion but i am only 22 weeks and know i am going to struggle.

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep it a secret? Or anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We kept our 2nd a secret. It is hard but I just kept tellin people we hadn't picked out names yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found it easier telling people we had a name picked but wouldn't be saying a word. People stopped asking what names we liked, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The easiest way is to tell people you haven't yet thought of any names. It stops the conversations along those lines.

As for yourself, you'll just have to be strong and keep it in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I told people we had a top 10 but weren't announcing anything until bub was born and we knew which name suited. No-one pushed the issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just don't tell them. Most people really aren't that invested - it's just something to ask you. This is my 4th baby, we know the sex and are pretty sure of the name, but no one asks and we aren't telling willy nilly. I think because it's my 4th it's not on the top of the mind or the tip of my mouth.

Maybe call it spud or something in the meantime so you don't let it slip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've just told people we won't be telling the name until he's born. Most people haven't pushed the issue. Except my mum. She is sooo persistent lol...she's not being pushy or anything, she knows we won't tell and it's become somewhat of a joke but she would be thrilled if I changed my mind and decided to tell her

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 5 weeks left and have so far we have just said we have chosen our name but arent telling anyone until she's born and left it at that. We warn them its not a fancy, 'awesome' name...its actually rather plain and normal...but we just dont want to tell anyone until she is born. People will keep asking but just stick to your guns

Thanks
    Reviews
    We won't tell the babies name only because I don't want to hear the response from people.. If ppl don't like a name, once the baby is born and named they tend to shut up, but prior to birth they think they are doing you some kind of favour by offering their opinion.

My friend wrecked the name Nicholas for me I've always liked it and always been vocal about it hubby doesn't like it so it wasn't on the list, however she said it reminds her of 'knicker-less' so now hats ruined for me! Lucky hubby doesn't like it huh!

My MIL ruined my daughters name to be by convincing my hubby it was a boys name... Yeah in like the 1800's lol (Aubrey was the name) I still absolutely adore the name... :-(

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Twoalready For This Useful Post:

scarymarygoldfish  (08-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't 100% decided but we are keeping it a secret when we do. We're not even telling people names we're considering.

Just don't make it an issue. If someone asks just say yes, you're not telling and move on