+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Advice and chat for PCOS diagnoses

Today the Dr has diagnosed me with pcos. I kind of knew it was coming but I still feel sad and had a good cry earlier. I'm lucky enough to have my lovely 2.5 yr old dd and we've been off birth control for about 8 mths now ttc no.2 and my irregular cycles lead me to be diagnosed. Im still really confused with what this all means, how much harder will ttc be? Will I have pcos forever now? Will I have to take pills if I hope to fall pregnant? The drs given me diaformin xr to take for a month and see how my body responds to it, she said this should help me lose weight also as I'm slightly overweight. I googled the drug and it's to help treat diabetes??

I guess I'm just after any advice or to chat with people going through the same thing. I'm so confused about what it all means for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, i was told i had pocs at 22 and was told i would never be able to have kids with out medical help.
    At 25 i wanted a baby do i was put on clomid and fell straight away, i was so happy.
    I was told if i wanted anymore kids i would have to go down the same track.
    I now also have 2 girls, that i fell pregnant without any medical help first go.
    I fell pregnant last year but lost the baby in october at 8 weeks, when they did the u/s they said there was no sign the i had pocs.
    I am now 14 weeks pregnant again with no medical help, i still get some facial hair (really wish that would go away lol).
    So i guess it can happen with out pills.
    Good luck with baby #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I was diagnosed with PCOS since 2011, although I think I had it a lot longer then that.

I have a 2 year old boy who was conceived naturally and a 7 month old daughter who was conceived on the first round on Clomid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Melimum,
    I was diagnosed late last year. I tried 50mg of Clomid with no success. I have decided before another round of clomid as it knocked me around to try the natural way. I saw a naturopath and she believes she can correct the hormone imbalance with diet and herbal supplements. For the first time since I started temping months ago my today are stabilising.
    Although there are drugs that can 'fix things' it forces your body into unnatural states. I suggest you see one too try get your body to want a baby otherwise forcing it if you know what I mean?

Really positive I'm on the right track after starting the new plan over Easter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi
    I was diagnosed with PCOS. I went down the natural path doing acupuncture and Chinese herbs.. That didnt work for me.. I spent a lot of money and time on this and did nothing BUT I have a friend who said Chinese herbs helped her get her cycle back but not fall preg.
    I then went on 50mh of clomid and fell preg on my 5th cycle of that. Was ready to go to ivf

I also had my tubes check as a laparoscopy and that was the month I fell preg. I would go back to your doc and see what they say.
    If it was ME again I would just go straight to clomid because that's what worked for ME and it would skip all the heart ache I had
    Goodluck xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pisang For This Useful Post:

Sandra103  (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so happy to hear that it can be down without medication as that is the path I am going down at the moment. I really want to do it without medication!