+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    That advice makes me really sad. What a horrible experience for the baby. Talk about learned helplessness.

OP a toy bar really helped DS. He cheered up once we moved him forward facing. Also I found he was getting too hot in his capsule even on cold days. I always drive with the air con on very cold now and DD has been much better.

Kanye West also helped for some reason. I think because I listened to him during my pregnancy.
    thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    What utterly bad advice. Advocating to let a small baby scream for hours until they pass out from exhaustion is not "curing" anything.

OP, I have no words if advice, all 3 of my boys have hated the car, from the moment they were born they would scream bloody murder in the car, nothing I did could stop it from happening. So instead I tried to limit outings and try to keep trips short where I could.

The good news is, they all stopped screaming and started liking the car around 6 months old and from that point, actually started loving it, and it didn't coincide with turning them forward facing because they were all rear facing way past 6 months.

It's hard, but does get better
    thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry. OP asked for advice, and i advised what i know WORKED for us and many others i know.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing as my nephew hates the car ( sister doesn't drive so I'm the taxi)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Crow View Post
    Step 1. Fuel up the car
    Step 2. Get a calm friend to come along for support (for you, not bub)
    Step 3. Strap in and drive. Keep driving (for several hours if necessary) until bub either gives up or falls asleep from exhaustion.
    Step 4. Repeat until bub accepts the car trip is NOT going to stop just because she's crying!

This WILL CURE IT.
    Both my kids hated the car to begin with. Now they fall asleep almost as soon as we take off
    That really IS using the car as a torture device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another toy bar and mirror advocate here. I personally would not drive around for hours with a baby crying. They might be fed , burped, changed ect when you start but after a few hours they probably will have done a poo or be hungry or be hot /cold etc or need some kind of interaction . It doesn't make sense to me that a 9 week old would not have any needs to be met over a few hours.
    Last edited by Ashram; 07-04-2013 at 08:16.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (07-04-2013),Hopefully Waiting  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP we also used a mirror when DD was rear facing. Also try classical music. Worked for our DD. We bought the Little Einsteins kids classical collection cd when she was a baby and it calmed her instantly (and us) She is 20 months now and we still put the cd on when she is really tired and we want her to nap in the car. The added bonus is it also helped to make us calm and relaxed as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone. I will get some CDs....ive tried everything....so may as well keep trying. Little Crow I appreciate your advice however i couldnt do it as her crying really gets to.me now on short drives.... i also have an anxiety disorder so it would make it worse.
    Can anyone tell me where i xan get the mirror or toy bar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got both the toy bar and mirror from big w they were cheap I think about $10 each.
    Sometimes I also hang normal toys with the little plastic hanging things ( hope that makes sense ) on the strap that goes around the carseat to the back of it when rearward facing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep i know what you mean. Ill have a look xo thanks