+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd1 screamed till we turned the seat around at 6mths. Hugs. I understand and feel your pain. I used PT and walked as much as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD hated the car. She would scream and scream. We had a little light-up toy that helped a little, but briefly. We turned her at six months and it got a little better but she just isn't one of these kids that's loves a car trip. I can count on one hand the amount of times she's slept in the car and she is two and a half. It got better when she could play the Wiggles on her iPad but at a few weeks old I don't know if that will help.

So.. No real advice, just sympathy **hugs**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A mirror helped us. Dd can see herself and us, and was instantly happier.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (07-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not likely but just a thought, do you have a window or windows down when driving?

Whenever we did with ds1 as a baby he'd flip. We figured out having both front windows down a bit would create a woop woop woop (sorry, best way to describe it) noise in the back.

Apart from that I don't really have anything else sorry. I hope you can find a solution soon op.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Both of mine have treated the car as if it were a torture device. It got better with time, and driving when they weren't tired helped. But otherwise, as pp said, we just try not to go too far in the car. And never at peak hour! They grow out of it eventually

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS1 hated the car until around 6 months or so. I turned him forward facing at 11 months. DS2 (11 weeks) screams pretty much the second I put him in the capsule? I make sure he's fed, burped and clean and just try and ignore. The longest car ride we do is about 15-20 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If my baby (3 months) liked the car my life would be sorted. I'm resorting to PT now. The DVD sounds like a good option I might try it despite being anti tv for kids. It's so awful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Step 1. Fuel up the car
    Step 2. Get a calm friend to come along for support (for you, not bub)
    Step 3. Strap in and drive. Keep driving (for several hours if necessary) until bub either gives up or falls asleep from exhaustion.
    Step 4. Repeat until bub accepts the car trip is NOT going to stop just because she's crying!

This WILL CURE IT.
    Both my kids hated the car to begin with. Now they fall asleep almost as soon as we take off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found with my DS that he hated the sun in his eyes and would cry. I started covering the seat with a wrap tucking it in at the top and bottom and laying across the top of the tether straps making it taut. When I got the car windows tinted the problem was solved and he never cried again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my two were bad in the car until I was able to turn them around..My little girl was probably worst then my boy and I used to dread long car trips..anything longer than 20 mins was a nightmare. I just had to try to drown out and although I am not proud I did one time blast the radio but amazingly it worked...(wouldnt recommend that though as a use all the time solution). One day I remember pulling over into a park and getting out of the car in the pouring rain and calling my husband in tears saying I didnt know how I was was gonna get home and I was about an hour or so away in peak hour traffic. My two are now 15months and we still have moments but find galumph went the green frog works a treat