+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Could i be experiencing early pregnancy symptoms?

hi im 21 and have a 3 year old son born in 2010, i had an abortion in 2011 and had the implanon put in, i had my implanon taken out the 20th of feb this year and was given a script for the pill but as my boyfriend lives away i didnt think about getting it done, i had my first period since having implanon removed around the 18th of march this year and end on the 24th. i then remembered to get my pill done but didnt start taking it until thursday the 28th, i then had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the next night as he was in my town for 2 weeks work, i then had cramps at the start of the week and now i'm experiencing nausea, fatigue, increase in saliva & vaginal discharge along with things smelling weird.. my next period isnt due till next week..

is there in any way that these could be a sign of early pregnancy symptoms as this would really be my 3rd pregnancy? and i have a normal cycle...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It could be, the pill doesn't really start working properly straight away so if you had unprotected sex the day after you started it you weren't really protected by the pill.
    Best way to find out for sure is to take a test or go see your GP

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok thank you, ill be definitely sure to take a pregnancy test next week as im pretty sure it may still be to early at the moment for the hcg levels to be show up enough but thank you for your reply good luck with your pregnancy to as i see with your tracker you only have a few weeks to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Yep, getting close now! And I still have so much to do and things we still need to buy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would get a blood test done asap. hpt are not 100% accurate. blood tests are a little more reliable. u should also know the pill and other forms of birth control can effect the fetus if ur still taking them while pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From memory I was told that it takes a couple of weeks for the pill to start taking effect, so definitely get a test done

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for all your help i stopped taking the pill as soon as i started feeling different, im booked in for a blood test next week as they couldn't get me in any sooner.. and my period is also due on Sunday-Monday so fingers crossed i'm not going loopy and i may actually be pregnant but thank you all again