+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't ask people to bring anything when they come. If I host I provide. But I have been to friend BBQs where it's been BYO meat, I was fine with that.

But as peanut says, I think an engagement party is a bit different. If I was so broke I couldn't pay for some salads and meat, then I would either put it off or have a late 8pm start so people have already fed themselves and just have some cheese, dip and bickies to line the tummies of the guests lol
    This ^^^

What happened to people actually doing the entertaining at a party? I'm the same if we have a dinner or BBQ friends will always turn up with a bottle of something plus will usually bring steaks or special meat but its not expected. You have a party, you cater for your guests, especially an engagement party. That's what being the host of a party is. Otherwise what are you supplying, the tables and cutlery so guests can bring their own dinner.. And drinks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

delirium  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had never heard of people having engagement parties until moving to oz... Dink and dessert and money.. Seriously!?

The BBQ thing - we always do BYO meat and drinks... Host provides sausages, bread and salads but guests bring anything else they want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flyawayfree View Post
    I have many friends who say BYO meat to a BBQ. Seems odd to me.
    Same!

DH and I believe that if you're going to host something you provide for it.