+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Nearly 4 year old Fussy picky eater... tips?!?!?

Im at my wits end.
    My nearly 4 yr old is becoming impossible with food.
    He has no issues eating cereal (weetbix bananas and grapes)
    But every other meal is a struggle. For example lunch ill make a salad and tuna roll or something like that and he has 2 bites and says he's full :/
    Sometimes he'll eat his breakfast be hungry an hour later and wants fruit. but generally its the weetbix and fruit combo and 2 bites of lunch a piece of fruit and a lick of dinner.

Ive tried every flippen recipe i can think of sometimes he'll eat dinner (once in a blue moon) and yet i go to cook that meal that he ate and he wants no part in it!?!?!

Ive have done the bribing thing. EG if you eat your dinner you can have soem icecream/yoghurt etc.
    or you eat one of this and that and you can have a treat.
    Ive done the whole you dont it theres nothing else and its bath and bed young man ( seems harsh dont judge me its been very stressful)
    Last week i told him he wouldnt be leaving the table til he ate one fork thing of the beef we had for dinner. We sat next to each other at the table for 45mins he just sat there with his arms crossed saying im not eating that YUCK!

Tips , tricks, help!?!?!

PLease one mumma to another mumma (super stressed out mumma)i need some help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you asked him what he wants for dinner? Maybe get him involved in making it or if he is not interested he might like the control of choosing the meal ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Have you asked him what he wants for dinner? Maybe get him involved in making it or if he is not interested he might like the control of choosing the meal ?
    I have tried asking him what he wants and all he replies with is "im not hungry" or "i dont want dinner" & is not even interested in knowing what options there are. This was DHs Mothers idea aswell. but doesnt seem to work right up until his sister was born (he was 2) he was a fantastic little eater. a porker of an eater now he is just not interested :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DD is extremely fussy. I usually ask her what she wants for dinner. Some nights I even have to make 2 different meals which so many people frown upon but honestly it's easier that way!!

Usually she wants salmon, spag Bol, casserole, snags and mash potato, fish fingers as a treat, fried rice and tofu or sushi.

The nights she refuses dinner she can either have a banana or glass of milk/smoothie before bed. I won't make her another meal. She has skipped dinner SO many times. It's very frustrating! She won't even try anything new! She used to be a great eater too.
    Last edited by waterlily; 04-04-2013 at 15:56.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS has always been pretty fussy so I make sure on every meal there is something he will eat. Even if it means just a piece of bread alongside the meal. He is then expected to eat atleast the one thing I know he eats, and if not goes to bed hungry. I started this a couple of years ago and he is slowly getting better. There have been nights he has gone to bed hungry, but that never happens these days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flyawayfree For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    What worked for me is getting dd to help prepare the meal she sits on the bench top and we talk about what I am cutting up and tries bits and pieces I sometimes let her make a decision about something. Eh she wasn't eating her eggs. I asked. Her the next time how she wanted them and it turned out she didn't want me to cut them up she wanted to dip her food into it ad then eat the whites. It had helped heaps!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (05-04-2013)