+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought my boy a 50" bike when he was 5/6 and he is now 7 and really needs a new one as it is too small now, he is average height. He hasn't used training wheels since he was 3, so I reckon a 6yo would get the hang of it pretty quick without.
    We just by Kmart/Target?big W bikes when they are young as kids are pretty hard on them! DS rides his every single day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah if he is 6 it will just be a comfort thing now not an ability at his age he definitely has all the motor skills to ride without training wheels and it seems silly get a new bike this year that he will definitely outgrow by the end of the year.
    My son got the 50cm just before his 5th birthday and by 6.3 he was just to tall he looked like his knees were coming over the handle bars when pedaling

Thanks
    Reviews
    I picked this up for $40 on a buy sell swap Facebook site. It's pretty much brand new had no rust or anything
    You can find bargains everywhere these days
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only ones in bigw with training wheels are 40cm and less.... So not sure if ite big enough for him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't see the extra comments..... Hm yea seems ill just go the bigger one and get it without training wheels. I look on eBay so will check it out and see if there's any new ones going cheap. Ty for the replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try a bike shop. They are super helpful. We bought a 50cm bike for our ds for his 6th Birthday and they put on training wheels for him as he wasn't a confident rider. He's still got them on (3 months later) as he doesn't get to ride much. My dh came up with an excuse to go to the bike shop & took our ds along and got him to sit on a bike while they were there. Although our ds was pretty cluey he didn't realise the main reason was to check out the best size bike for HIM .

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can buy training wheels separately from a bike shop if need be