Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Smile Share your breast cancer stories

Sam and Connie’s story is a special kind of heart-warming tragedy. I couldn’t imagine battling breast cancer.

Share your breast cancer stories and experiences here and help to spread the word.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll start.

My cousin had breast cancer a few years ago. I don't get to see her very often, so I wasn't in the midst of all the emotion when she found out, and was treated. Luckily she's okay now - they caught it early enough. It could have been a lot worse though, she has two kids, now teens, but they were much younger when she was diagnosed.

I have seen the battle against cancer close up, but not breast cancer specifically. Other kinds of cancer run in my family, and I lost a friend to cancer two years ago.

So I'm spreading the message - "Don't fall into the booby-trap, be breast aware", and be aware in general. Diseases like this can sneak up on you before you know it.

Anyone else out there want to share a story?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

I just wanted to post in here that it was a privilege to have chatted to Connie about her battle with cancer and about the fundraiser she and her brother Sam have begun. Here's the article I've written: Connie's heartbreaking plea that could save your life!

Connie was awesome to talk to. She was extremely open about the impact that cancer has had on her life.

She has just finished about two years - yep, YEARS - of chemotherapy and it has taken its toll on her body. She told me that she sleeps about 20 hours a day. In the few hours she is awake she spends as much time as possible with her two young sons.

She took time out of her day to chat to us because she's passionate about this cause. She knows that the Bub Hub members are mostly mums of young children - like she is. She is about to face a heartbreaking reality - she'll have to say goodbye to her boys. She won't be here to watch them grow and guide them into manhood. I can't even write this without tears welling up ... it is an absolute tragedy.

Connie doesn't want any other mum to have to go through what she's going through.

She wants YOU ALL to have a breast exam NOW! She went undiagnosed for three years - and early invention is key in fighting this disease.

It is - tragically - too late for Connie. But it is NOT too late for you!

Please - take the pledge here and get tested: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-Make-a-Pledge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ran 8kms for Breast Cancer Research yesterday in the Mother's Day Classic fun run!

Well, between all the sickness and injuries me, my sister and my mum have had, we ran half and walked half. Still pretty good I reckon!

Did anyone else get out and run/walk for Breast Cancer Research?
    to those who did!