+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First cycle cancelled :-(

Hi,I was wonderng if anyone else has been in a similar situation, i am 25 and 3 months agao my Husband found out that he has bowel cancer he is only 26 it was a huge shock, we had been trying for a baby for a year so when we found this out he wanted to keep trying but the only way that we can is by IVF, becuase everything is ok with me they started me on 112.5 injections aswell as the nasal spray now we were due for egg collection yesterday but on day 8 of injections my ultrasound showed over 40 follicles and my bloods show my hormones were too high, so FS cancelled my cycle . I was really upset as everything felt like it was going so smoothly and working out nicely. I was wondering has this happened to anyone and how long did they have to wait to try again? i understand why they cancelled it i would not want OHSS. Just wondering how long i will have to wait till we can try again.Thanks in adnvance
    Last edited by ebbs22; 03-04-2013 at 21:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How high we're ur levels??? I had well over 50 folllies on each side at trigger and my e2 levels were over 30000. Strange that they cancelled on u. At retrieval they took 36 eggs. ask ur fs about using cabogolene to stop ohss next cycle. They started me on 75 gonalf the. Gradually put me up to 112.5, made for a very long cycle.
    Good luck and I hope the prognosis for ur DH is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My levels were at 29,000 I'm seeing my FS on Tuesday next week so ill have a chat with him, thanks for ur advice. I'm really confused as to why they cancelled me as well because two days before my ultrasound showed bout 12 in each ovarie and my levels were fine. I'm scared to do it again incase it happens again even if they out me on a lower dose. And thank you DH is doing really week going through chemo half way through had his halfway check up and cancer free so far!!
    Last edited by ebbs22; 03-04-2013 at 23:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news for DH!!
    I know it can be pretty scary. But remember your fs learns something from you every cycle. I know that's hard with the cost and strain ivf puts on your body but it will all be worth it in the end