+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeding a small 7.5month old solids

My bub is 7.5months old & is lactose intolerant & is barely eating solids she has 3x 240ml bottles a day & that is enough to for her she only weighs 6.5-7.5 kilos now. I'm stressing out that she is not eating solids like kids her age. In trying her on toast solders but she is managing to pull it sort into small piece. She has no teeth yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD2 didn't really eat any solids until after she was 1. She was cows milk protein intolerant and had terrible reflux, and would projectile vomit every single thing I put in her mouth. She was under 8kgs at 12 months old, so very little too.
    I found that she couldn't handle any texture, so I blended everything until it was silky smooth. She is 3 now and still gags on some foods. My DD was happiest eating rafferty fruit pouches and blended veggies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

Cool Cookies  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 21:50.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella82 For This Useful Post:

Cool Cookies  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 21:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella82 View Post
    My dd is 8 months & 6 kg. first thing I would recommend is dont compare her to other kids her age. It's better not to compare at all, but we mums always do, so compare her more to other kids her size. If she is only the size of a 6 month old, it makes sense that she would have the eating habits of a 6 month old.

What solids have you tried her on? Will she eat mashed avocado (high in good fats), you can mix it with fruit purée to make it tasty. Protein will also help her put on weight. If you google annabel karmel recipes she has great recipe ideas for each age.
    We have tried her on kids weetbix, lactose free yogurt, potato & mix of veggies steamed and blended & after the veggies she has vomited up heaps but is fine after weetbix or yogurt.
    Thank you so much for replying I'm just a stressing mum ATM lol being my second I thought I would be better at it but not at all lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cindye View Post
    My DD2 didn't really eat any solids until after she was 1. She was cows milk protein intolerant and had terrible reflux, and would projectile vomit every single thing I put in her mouth. She was under 8kgs at 12 months old, so very little too.
    I found that she couldn't handle any texture, so I blended everything until it was silky smooth. She is 3 now and still gags on some foods. My DD was happiest eating rafferty fruit pouches and blended veggies.
    Thankyou for replying I have a couple of those pouches in the cupboard so will try her on one tomorrow