+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    riparita - do you think ild be better off with a side by side double or a tandem double.

I looked at the duet but the seats seem small and ds was uncomfy in them. Plus the seat adjuster seems really hard and allt he seat folds inside the seat when you lift the seat back to upright.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 14 month gap and DS at almost 3 is still in the pram for the majority of the time.

I have the BJCS and love it, It has been perfect for us, DS still fits comfortably in the seat with some room to grow, it is also compatible with the buggy boards, so when he preferes to walk i can convert it back to a single with a buggy board instead of needing to get another pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used a double pram regularly up until the older one was 2. Now the only time I use the double is for when I'm walking or after a long day out.
    I have a side by side plus had/have BJCS, compact, P&T's and for me personally, I find the side by sides to be a PITB! They are great for walking but if your out and about and your oldest wants to walk or bub wants to be carried then the pram is annoying to push with weight in only one side.
    I prefer one that has a 2nd seat option so that you don't have to use it but it is there incase.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    which side by side did you have? why was it a PITA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked at the bugaboo donkey? Can be single or double. Side by side.

We had 24 months between our kids.
    My DS 1 is 3.5 now and will still jump into the pram for longer walks around shops. I think he's a tad lazy!

We borrowed a friends tandem strider plus for the first six months. I had a bassinet option fitted and then he moved to a seat.

About six months we bought a second hand baby jogger city mini double.
    Both kids much preferred the side by side. They can look at each other, hold hands. We still use this now. It's also MUCH easier to travel with as opposed to the strider.
    We also have a single maclaren stroller for short trips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    which side by side did you have? why was it a PITA?
    I have the city mini GT double. Think it is a fantastic pram for walking but if you only have one child in it and the other seat is free then it is annoying to push and feels off in alignment so you really need 2 children in it at all times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 2 and a half year old and a 2 month old
    LOVE my city select!
    I love the basket underneath
    I love the slim wheel base, can fit anywhere
    I love the options - capsule/bassinet/toddler seat
    I think it's so easy to fold!
    Easy to push even with 2 in it
    My 2.5 year old is short but he has heaps of room still
    Just my 2 cents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a Babylove Twin Odyssey for my boys who are 12.5 months apart. It's a side-by-side stroller with seats that recline to suit newborn+. I'd be lost without it! It's used at the shops or for short walks on smooth surfaces. DS1 is 21 months now and there is no way that I can trust him unsecured in carparks or shops as he wants to touch everything and run around.

I find a side-by-side easy to use and haven't found a door we can't fit through yet, though going backwards through doors is easier than going forwards. Occasionally we can't fit through gaps in shop displays but then I just park the boys and go on foot the few extra metres. I don't think that a tandem stroller would fit any better in these situations as they would be too long to turn.

I use the stroller at least once a day usually and definitely having one that is easy to fold and fairly light and easy to get in the car is a big plus. I initially had a Valco Twin Trimode but it was just too heavy and bulky for me to get in the boot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I already had a phil and ted when I fell pregnant with my second so I just got the toddler seat for it. It was fine when they were little but once they got a bit older around 2 neither wanted to sit in the back seat. I originally decided not to get another pram and just get a buggy board but I found I wasnt going out and exercising as much as it was difficult for long walks so I relented and brought a second hand mountain buggy duet. It weighs a ton and takes up alot of room in the car which is a pain but the kids love sitting side by side and chatting to each other and ever since I got it I've been walking again so I dont feel like such a lazy lump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 with a 17 month age difference.

How old are kids when they stop using pram and are happy to walk in general? (or go on shuffle board thing?)

My son was abut 2 when he started wanting to walk more, now at 3 he only goes in the pram when I don't want him to run at the shops or on public transport.

Im still deciding between a side by side or tandem? And deciding if I am better off getting one suitable from NB (so capsuleHow old are kids when they stop using pram and are happy to walk in general? (or go on shuffle board thing?)

I've had both types. Not with a capsule though, the rear seat of the tandem laid down for a newborn. I stopped using the tandem months ago as it got too front heavy with my son, and both the kids started to outgrow it. Now I have a double stroller, and I love it, it's so much easier to push. In hindsight I wish I had gotten a side by side that was suitable for a newborn instead of having to buy 2 prams in under 2 years.