+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Those with kids older then 2 or kids in close age gab- pls help me??

Pram advice?

How old are kids when they stop using pram and are happy to walk in general? (or go on shuffle board thing?)

Im still deciding between a side by side or tandem? And deciding if I am better off getting one suitable from NB (so capsule/rear facing) or one that is bigger and will last when kids are older but doesn't do capsule/rear facing?

Im basically deciding between the city select and the elite double???

There will be a 12mth age gap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    the pram i have now I got suitable for a NB takes capsule and is rear facing etc. Now Finn is older I won't really use these.

So Im wondering am I better off investing in a pram that will serve me best from birth to 2yrs or 3/6mths to 5yrs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh wow, I'm totally out of touch with things now that I work. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Otherwise I've got no helpful advice as mine are 4.5 years apart.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    It really depends on the kid. DS1 was 26 months when DS2 was born and he was happy to walk all the time, however DS2 is 2.5 and still insists on the pram at all times. With only a 12 month gap id go for a double pram, not just a pram with a buggy board or similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you end up with a lazy almost 5 year old like mine then I'd go the pram that will last you longer. However, she would also be happy to go on the wheely board things. As long as she's not walking she's happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It honestly depends on what you need and what your kids are like. I walk lots (3-5k) so my 2.5yr old still uses the pram with my 9mth old.

I also have a runner so I need to strap her into the pram if I'm going anywhere that could be dangerous ie carparks or might get distracted ie changing nappies.

For me - a double pram is still essential.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you baby wear at all?

My DD's are 19.5 months apart, and although DD1 was always keen to walk, I did use the pram for her sometimes. I mostly had DD2 in the ergo until she was 12 months old, but also had a single pram with a skateboard and also a double maclaren.

If you don't mind baby wearing, go for the pram that lasts longer. DD2 is 3 now and is still keen to ride in the pram sometimes. I keep the ego in the basket underneath so I can carry DS and she can rest if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    theres 23 months between my 2.
    DS has been a happy little walker since 20 months so i didnt need a double pram. dS still a happy walker now at nearly 4 but DS is nearly 2 and is most definately a unhappy walker so thank gosh i got one suitable to still hold her. It really depends on you kidlets i say

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was wearing Finn up until 12wks - he now hates it. (so im now thinking the capsule/rear facing isn't essential. although nice isn't worht not getting a long lasting pram for IYKWIM)

i mostly use pram at the shops and for some walks.

im definately getting a double and deciding

City select
    • bassinet/capsule option
    • rear facing/multi position
    • narrow
    • seats may be too small for older kids
    • one kids behind other - may fight when older
    • can be single or double
    • probably most suitabel from birth to 3yrs
    • seats/pram not as comfy/luxuricous as delite double
    • annoying to fold
    ELITE DOUBLE
    • comfortable
    • will last until kids are 5yrs
    • maybe too wide
    • not suitable from birth but great from 6mths plus
    • easy to fold and store

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'd go the elite double and wear newborn in a carrier until they are 6 months old. I had a 13 month age gap and I'd be lost without a double pram. I had a phil and ted initially then when they were older got a side by side mountain buggy duet.