+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I've reached breaking point!!

DS is 2.75 and I feel like I'm failing miserably at raising him. Up until a month ago it been such a breeze but now it's all so frustrating and miserable and hard!!

All our time together he whinges and whines about anything and everything he can. When he first started I could get away with 'let's hear your happy voice instead' but now it just brings more whinging. I have to fight with him to do ANyTHING, to get dressed, to get in the shower, to eat dinner, to pick up something he's thrown across the room, its all met with 'NO!!!' 'i don't want to!!!' bedtime is a 2 hour plus battle, he just will not settle or go to sleep until I completely flip out and lose all patience with him.

I can't get him out of the house without a negative attitude, I can't suggest anything fun without an attitude, even a park, walk to feed the ducks etc, it's all me with negativity.

Now his new thing is to tell me he doesn't like me and to get away. I've no idea were he's got it from. I can be sitting minding my own business and he'll tell me this.

This morning when he woke up and walke past I said 'oh gooood morning' happily and he replied with a snarl 'don't talk to meeeeeee!!'

I'm just so lost, I don't know what to do. I've tied staying positive and happy but it's completely drained me when all that it's me with is tantrums, a snarl and negative attitude. I've tried time outs but he just gets up and walks away with a tantrum. I'm at the shouting/screaming stage because im just completely over it. Shamefully ive smacked him a couple of time too! Right now e's in his bedroom because the whole way home was tantrum and fighting and 'I don't like you' and I'm on the couch balling my eyes out because I can't handle my 2.75 yr old.

I just feel like I'm doing everything all wrong for him to be so angry all the time!! I want my happy little boy back!!!!

I'm sorry, I've just typed and typed so I don't even know if it all makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It gets worse as they get older....grrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found my son went through a really horrid phase around three, but now at six we are back to that happy boy. Sure he has tantrums, but firm management has taught him that there are consequences if he doesn't behave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jst as I wrote this he got into my makeup and draw on nearly every wall upstairs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He might be a bit young but maybe 1 2 3 magic might help? You might see some vids on you tube.
    or if not a reward chart?
    good luck. If its any consolation he looks adorable in your picture!!! Like butter wouldn't melt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs. 1.2.3 magic is great, ask your MCHN if they do free courses near you or you can get the book off book depository for $15

Two is a trying age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest did the same at around that age. I just kept up with being positive. It sucks and can hurt when they say it, I know. He will still do it occasionally but it reduced dramatically around 3- 3 1/2.

Sorry I just noticed this is in the single parents section. I just saw it in the 'new posts' lists

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds EXACTLY like my DS. Same age, same attitude.

I find if I sit on the ground, cross my arms, turn my back on him and tell him "No I'm not going to xyz, you're being mean to me!" He'll usually have a little tantie then apologise and say he'll be nice and we'll carry on.

I bargain a lot with him too. If he wants to do something I'll say "we sure can but we need to xyz first."

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's a tough age, I feel your pain Hun

I know it's hard but try not to take it all personally. He's just pushing boundaries so you need to remain firm with him and that is really hard when you're on your own and have no one to 'tag in' when you've had enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive tried reasoning, he doesn't get it, he just wants what he wants. I've tried 1,2,3 to an extent but even mentioning 1 gets him screaming because he knows he'll be in time out if he doesnt do it. I try to spend one on one time but am met with so much negativity and most of the time he'll say no.

We did move house in February so I know that change will be affecting him but he loves it here.

He does snore a bit and a friend mentioned aggges ago to get it checked. I didn't think anything of it but I googled snoring with toddlers and it says to be linked to behavioural issues. I am booking into the GP tomorrow but has anyone else experienced this??

I've called my parents and they've taken him for the night which I am so so grateful for!! I am so bloody stubborn and think I can't handle everything on my own but not this time, I'm the one needing time out