+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news and us too Lots of pink stuff, yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi spectea

Just wanted to ask you a question regarding your blood work. Was you Pappa 1.5 and your HCG .33 or the other way around? Sorry just wanting to confirm as I have HCG of 1.55 and Pappa of .266 and given a 1:2 ratio for T21. I am 41. How old were you with those odds?

Thank you very much for your response. Just a little anxious and trying to gather as much info as I can.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Belle - how are you feeling about your results? Will you be going for amnio or CVS or just waiting it out? I am the same age as you and having my bloods/scan in 2 weeks. I have already been told I'm high risk of T21 because of medical history and age. Sooo nervous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twocam

I know it is so nerve racking. I am 14 weeks now and due to have morphology scan at 19.5 weeks. I am 90% certain I won't have the amnio because I don't want to risk miscarriage. We have decided we will keep our baby either way. So risk is too high for us. I have heard of many who did it and they were fine but only yesterday spoke to a friend who heard of someone who had the amnio, baby was healthy and they had a miscarriage. I have also been speaking to other mums who have had down babies and there children are various ages now and they talk about how delightful and in many ways similar to their other children. Its so hard and so personal but I think speaking to people with children with downs really helps. This is what has helped me move away from amnio and am likely to do the eharmony blood test instead, which is 99% accurate.

Good luck and keep in touch...support has made all the difference to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Belle, I just wanted to say that if your baby does have Down syndrome, and you'd like to chat to another parent, please feel free to pm me.

Best of luck with your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks fox in sox. Would love to pm you anyway - as I don't think I will know for sure if our baby has DS until birth really. Will do so soon. Many Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose87 View Post
    I am 26 years old, my husband is 30 years old and I am 13w2d pregnant with our second child, with a due date of 7 October 2013.
    Hi Sherry,

How did your pregnancy and birth go? How is the newborn and mom feeling?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this thread is quite old, but it looks like where I am at the moment.

Devastated with the results of my 12 week NT results:
    - the NT is fine at 1.7mm (normal seems to be below 3.5mm)
    - foetal nasal bones are seen, so that's fine
    - but based on my age (42) my risk for Down's is 1:42
    - but free beta HCG is 4.900 Mom (much higher than normal) which is obviously why my adjusted risk comes back as 1:20
    - PAPP-A seems fairly normal at 0.930 Mom

1:20 is quite devastating, though I guess we always knew that my age of my old eggs were going to be a problem. Ob hadn't received the Harmony BT back from the US yet, so will wait for that, but it seems that an amnio will be on the cards. Ob wants it done at 16 weeks, so still 3 weeks away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bertie, after all you've gone through, yet another stress. Statistics never make us feel better, do they? When are you getting the Harmony results back?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick note, to say that it's all good news :-) The Harmony results from the US came back as low for all three trisomies. I asked if there was a percentage with that, and the secretary said 0.01%, and then said that that equates to 1:10,000 chance. I way like those odds better than last weeks Australian ones of 1:20 risk!! I'm rather relieved, but strangely still not over-the-moon. I feel like I should be, but I just aren't. Also, on the way home I realised that I never asked the sex, but I guess I was just more concerned about the health, and can always find the sex out another time.