+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ultrasounds and bulk billing

Why is it some places can bulk bill all ultrasounds ( for example up until his pregnancy (my 3rd) I was under the impression no one would bulk bill the NT scan but all other scans could be bulk billed which is he way it was with my previous two pregnancies)

Anyway, with this pregnancy I found a place that bulk billed the NT scan, and now I have the anatomy scan due and it seems no one will bulk bill except this place where I got the NT scan done..

I don't understand why some places can and some places can't/won't?

Anyone know?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No idea but Im jealous you got the NT scan bulk billed and can get the anatomy scan bulk billed! NT was about $180 for me and the anatomy scan was $130.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Noone seems to bulk bill them in qld. Our 18-20 wk scan is going to cost us $215 upfront with a maximum rebate from Medicare of $90. It's crazy expensive. But we have no choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    No idea but Im jealous you got the NT scan bulk billed and can get the anatomy scan bulk billed! NT was about $180 for me and the anatomy scan was $130.

Your local aren't you London? Global Diagnostics in kwinana are the mob that are bulk billing the lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Noone seems to bulk bill them in qld. Our 18-20 wk scan is going to cost us $215 upfront with a maximum rebate from Medicare of $90. It's crazy expensive. But we have no choice.
    That's what the going rate was for this anatomy scan, even up at the hospital, with something like a $80 rebate from Medicare... Why would I do that when this global diagnostics mob would bulk bill the lot.. I really don't understand how this even works!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoalready View Post
    Your local aren't you London? Global Diagnostics in kwinana are the mob that are bulk billing the lot.
    DAMMIT that would have been helpful a few months ago haha No more scans left for me now.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in WA, this is bub number 3, and every scan (dating, NT & morphology) have all been bulk billed, as well as the bloods for the NT. It's amazing how inconsistent it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bloods for the NT were free, oddly enough.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure why, I know a few people who had bulk billed scans at their local hospital but I had to pay $180-$235 per scan.

What made it worse is I had to have about 7 scans because of concerns so it was quite costly.

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Ive found a few places in brisbane that bulk bill, depends on the area ive found, normally easier to get a bulk billed one in the areas with a lower socioeconomic demographic.

I got my dating scan and anatomy scans bulk billed in all 3 pregnancies but NT ones had to be paid for (I didnt have them though) and my sizing scans and scans to check bubs heart etc at 32 weeks cost me approx $250 then I got $80 or so back from medicare but thats it.