+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nausea

I am about 6w5d and in the past few days have started getting the dreaded nausea. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to keep it at bay?

I am very lucky as I don't actually throw up and I am eating food but find I feel sick (like I want to throw up but it never happens) after breakfast and dinner. I find the only way to keep it at bay atm is to keep snacking on dry crackers constantly, I am going through a packet of dry biscuits a morning.

Before I fell pregnant I had a very clean diet with very little to no processed food and I can't help but feel guilty about eating so many dry processed crackers....... Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lots of water and carbs is what helped me. I also bought some of those wristbands for motion sickness at 5w4 and haven't taken them off (now 16w) lol forgot them a couple of times and felt much worse so they worked a bit for me! Tbh I didn't find anything that completely got rid of the nausea it was more a case of managing

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the earlier weeks Vegemite toast before I got out of bed helped (DF would make it for me) as well as snacking on high carb foods all day and for some reason frozen coke always brought some relief. My MS escalated beyond these little remedies from 8-12weeks and I ended up at the docs with low blood pressure, dehydration and had lost alot of weight. The only thing that helped me to be able to eat and keep things down after that was a maxallon prescription.

Some days are worse than others and some things set me off regardless of ginger tablets and maxallon etc. it's just finding what you can and can't handle and what makes you feel better etc.

If at any point you are feeling particularly more lethargic or ill don't be afraid to see your doc. I should have gone earlier but just thought it was part of being pregnant. Little did I know I could have been feeling alot better with some help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first time around, NOTHING helped. It was there 24/7.
    This time around, eating small, frequent meals throughout the day & keeping my fluids up.. I also felt worse when I was tired so try get some rest when you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree with you Made With Love!
    There are no medals for trying to be brave & nauseous. I've been feeling sick all day and all night. Got a prescription for maxolon and it really does take the edge off.

Vegemite and toast or crackers are a staple now, I buy the biggest jar :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going through this now. I am 7 weeks today and the past 2 weeks I feel nauseous all the time. If I eat within an hour or two of waking I vomit but I seem to be ok to eat after then. However, I am really sensitive to smells and the thought of eating certain foods makes me dry reach.

I am really struggling with eating healthy as the only foods which are appealing to me at the moment are processes carbs - white bread, biscuits, chips. I can sometimes eat some fruit but I haven't eaten veggies in weeks. I am a bit concerned this will impact the development of my baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kim my doctor said salty carbs are fine to eat and are usually the easiest to eat with MS. Bubs will get nutrition out of anything you eat

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first pregnancy, I ate nothing! I mean nothing! I lived off Maxalon and water. I suffered from Hypermesis Gravidarum so I couldn't keep anything down. I was so stressed out about my baby not getting enough but my GP reassured me that bub will get the nutrients needed from your body.

This time around, I ate what I could keep down & let me tell you, it wasn't healthy stuff! The first 6 weeks I lived off takeaway food. If I ate fruit, I'd throw it up right away. I'm now 14 weeks along and have only started to eat reasonably healthy. I'm still suffering from morning sickness so I'm hoping that'll pass by soon.
    Eat what you can keep done for now. It'll help you feel better for a little while as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and it didn't effect DS at all : ) Just continue to take your Elevit or whatever you're taking.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same issues

I had the same issues, I didn't actually throw up but felt nauseous for two weeks and I couldn't eat anything but carbs. I usually love veggies but couldn't touch it unless it was tiny pieces already stir fried for me (so I had to eat out)my diet so far has been terrible and im worried about gaining too much weight during the first trimester but its seems to be slightly better now. I can eat more variety and certain veggies. So fingers crossed that it will pass for you soon and as my obst said during the first trimester, don't worry too much about the type of food you eat as long as you can eat something.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to miffy7 For This Useful Post:

inner hippy  (12-04-2013)