+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you

Another question, as you tubie mums know a lot about growth etc.
    If DD isnt gaining weight, how is she ment to grow? Shes not on the charts for height (on 5th percentile i think for weight).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My child isnt tube fed at the moment but is very underweight they want her on the 50% she is on the 3rd% her height keeps going up so I think all her growth is going to height not weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine isnt either (was ex ng fed) but also has lots of oral aversions too but mainly to texture, temperature and wont drink water. Ds is 10% for weight and 75% for height. What was she like in the past? Has she always been small even when tubefed? Has she been checked for endocrine issues like growth hormone levels? I hope you have some luck at the dieticians today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not currently in the same situation as you, but I have a daughter who spent her first whole year of life being tube fed. I took her to a food clinic stay, it was through the hospital, and she stayed there for a week until she could get solid food properly she refused many things and wouldn't each much at all, just like me when I was young. I was a rubbish cook then too so I suppose this didn't help me, not that your cooking is rubbish, kids are just hard to please when they have been abit "lazy" at eating for a while.
    I would suggest that you get her involved in the kitchen more, cooking was an activity I did with my daughters once I became a stay at home mum, and it helped me to learn how to cook too. If you make cooking fun she will become interested in trying different foods, even if they are foods like pudding. My daughter now finishes every meal, she is lactose intolerant but not severely. She is around 16kg and is 7 next month. She is a petite girl.