+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to Canberra... Please help

Hi

Im a stay at home mother of a 2yo girl and 3wo boy. I'm moving to Canberra most likely inner city in the next few weeks and would love to meet some other mums and bubs in the area. Am also interested to hear of available playgroups, great childcare centres, playgrounds and toddler activity groups in the area if anyone has suggestions. We have no family or friends in the area and would like to make a big effort to fit in and enjoy ourselves.

look forward to hearing from you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi AOJ, welcome to the Berra.

I don't live in the inner city but it's notoriously hard to find childcare spots in that area, so I hate to say it but I wouldn't expect to get anything within the next 12-18 months! You could get lucky though Sorry I can't really recommend any centres. I think the ABC Learning ones are meant to be good though.

If you call the maternal & child health line on (02) 6207 9977 they can hook you up with a mother's group for your newbie. Or try ACT Playgroups: https://www.playgroupaustralia.com.a...nd-a-playgroup

There is a facebook group called baby envy that has a lot of Canberra mums on it - I'm sure there are people on there who can help you out with inner city playgroup/CC info as well as toddler activities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply, I got my daughter into a great child care centre in Braddon the first week we were here, so we must have been lucky. All settled now and find our way around to all the kid friendly spots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AOJ View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I got my daughter into a great child care centre in Braddon the first week we were here, so we must have been lucky. All settled now and find our way around to all the kid friendly spots.
    We are arriving in Canberra in Dec/Jan!