+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Dolly Varden Ice Cream Cake

I am all 'caked' out, so was wanting to make my LO a 'Dolly Varden' cake using ice cream instead of a sponge cake for her skirt.

Has anyone made one ice cream that could give me some tips/ideas as to how it was made. I was thinking of using Napolitan ice cream?

I don't have a proper Varden tin so would be using a pudding type dish lined with cling wrap I would imagine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Anybody?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was just thinking about this cake as my SIL has offered to make DD's first birthday cake (she's very good at cakes) and it got me thinking back to when my mum made me a Dolly Varden ice cream cake when I was about 4-5. It was a vanilla ice cream skirt, decorated with pink marshmllows and was devine! I have a pic that I will try to get up here... somewhere! As for any tips on how she made it I will have to ask her and let you know.
    I remember finding the barbie doll that was used in it hidden away in her wardrobe before she made the cake (it was a secret) and begging and crying to have it, wondering why I wasn't allowed to!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 03-04-2013 at 16:58.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for your post P.S, and I would love to see your pic if you can find it. I always dreamt of having a Dolly Varden cake but alas my Mum wasn't very creative so I never got one, but I do remember seeing them with pink marshmallow skirts as you described yours! I have bought the doll and have hidden that, however we have an upside down fridge so it's going to be challenging trying to 'hide' it from the birthday girl!