+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student Midwife Seeking Wonderful Pregnant Women in Adelaide, SA

Hi ladies,

I have just started my first year in my Bachelor of Midwifery degree at Flinders University.

As a part of the course we are required to seek assistance from 20 generous pregnant women over the 3 years in order to provide them with a continuity of care experience in the role of a student midwife.

This role includes attending antenatal, labour, birth and post natal appointments with the women, at their discretion, however the uni does stipulate at least 2 antenatal and 2 postnatal visits. We can also be a thorough support, known friendly face, and support person at ultrasounds, birthing classes, water aerobics classes, pregnancy yoga etc, and these can be classed as antenatal visits as well.

Women can be a few weeks from birthing, or right at the beginning of their pregnancies. Birthing at any of the city hospitals and having any kind of birth.

I am asking if this is something anyone is interested in, or knows anyone who might be interested, please feel free to pm and I can pm you back more information and answer any questions you have

Thanks so much, C xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i am nearly 11wks and will be birthing at the lyell mac, is this out of your region? i thought it might be good to have a student midwife and help them to gain their hours etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there :-)

I'm almost 17 weeks and am booked into the Women's and Children's due to being somewhat high risk due to a complex medical history on my side! If you would like I'm happy to be involved I'm sure the fiancé won't mind at all! Just let me know :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Thank you so much for your support it means a lot! I have pm'd you both!
    Thanks, C x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just subbing to the thread as I will need to think about it first

I'm 19 weeks pregnant with identical twins and will be having a planned c-section at Flinders.

I'll have a bit of a think about it before I commit to joining in though

*This post is Chuck Norris approved*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi misscheviuz,
    Congratulations and that's no problems at all, the main thing is mum and dad are comfortable with the idea, as it is your birth and journey into a new addition to the family Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
    C x

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!

I am a third year student at UniSA and also in need of some more mum's! Let me know if you're interested

Abby (tayal005@mymail.unisa.edu.au)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it ok for me to pass you details on to my cousin. She is only 8 weeks but is new to Adelaide. This will be her third baby.