+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Transverse baby at 32 Weeks

Has anyone else's baby been transverse at this stage of pregnancy? I'm 32 weeks and bub is currently transverse with his bum next to my left hip and his head to the right of and slightly above my belly button. I know most babies won't stay transverse but my main worry is that right now his bum is lower than his head so I assume he is more likely to turn breech than to go head down.

I've been trying some of the exercises/positions from spinning babies for the last week or so but so far he's still in the same spot.

I'd love to hear other people's experiences and things you tried to get bub to turn

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dont stress yet. There is PLENTY of time for your bub to turn yet. Im almost 35 weeks and mine still rolls around all over the place.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard of the Webster technique, but what do they actually do? I've tried googling to find out but can't find any specific information. I'm a bit scared of chiropractors so I'd like to know more about it before I try it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My last daughter was transverse at 32 weeks my OB said she wouldn't move from that position, didn't matter to me though as I was having a c/s anyway BUT come 34 weeks she was head down.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 was breech til 35-36 weeks. I went on the spinning babies website. & used their techniques and much to my surprise he had turned by my next appt. I hadn't felt him turn so I was very surprised!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Uh-Oh For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Ds2 was transverse til 35 weeks ( was born at 38 weeks).

He opted to go posterior until some point just before labour started and he got into correct position.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (04-04-2013)

Babbsys Girl is offline ~ A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange. ~
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was all over the place until about week 38 where he was posterior and even during labour he managed to turn around. Babies are crazy little things and will turn, spin and do all sorts. I wouldn't worry unless you're told to.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Babbsys Girl For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boy was transverse til about 20 weeks... Then posterior... The turned transverse during the pushing stage of labour. (all ten pounds of him... )This is very rare though... But I only say it to show babies can turn at anytime! Speak to ur dr... They might try turning. Or discuss the possibility of a c section incase bubs doesn't turn. If u look at all possibilities it's less daunting! It was too late for my boy when he went transverse so I didn't get a c section... Was just ripped out of me but if they know it's a possibility then u can have plans in place to get your baby out the safest way. Sometimes they just won't do what they are told.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to heymegz For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the advice and experiences I am looking at what will happen if he ends up breech and it seems like I'll pretty much have to have a c-section which I really don't want. Its hard not to worry but I guess he has plenty of time still...