+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Catholic Schools

Hi all,

I asked for some help on the general forum a few weeks ago re moving to Perth..

Well as of this morning I'm 99.999% sure I'm going to become a Perthie (can I join the club?? )

So anyways I was wondering about catholic schools around the Karrinyup area.

My DH, who is currently playing househusband, called St Dominic's at Innaloo and St Kieran at Tuart Hill to see whether it would be too late to enrol our DS1 into 4 year old kinder for 2014.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these schools?

St Dominic's sounded as though they still had spots left, but on the St Kieran's website they say their enrolment period has closed, but I figure i may as well just try.

My DS currently is in the 'bilbies' class at his 3 yo kinder this year. St Kieran's has a bilby class as well.. is it a sign??? I'm a bit superstitious so now I think he just has to go there! (Silly I know).

We will be staying in Sydney for a while and then looking to move over towards the end of the year. DH will have to move over soon, and thats when we'll consider either buying or renting in that particular area.

As per my previous posts, I need a decent shopping centre and gym with creche and this area seems to fit the bill. Lol. Otherwise we'll look up towards Hilarys I think!

Anyways if anyone can help a bit more with the schools that would be most appreciated, and thanks to those who have previously replied to my Perth posts. Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to St Doms, I was head girl there in 1993 (eep!)
    My friend's kids go there now, one in pre-primary and one in kindy and she is really happy with it. Her older daughter is a very bright but extremely anxious little girl and she has just blossomed there.
    I don't have any experience with St Kieran's so nothing to add there. They have an education support unit for children with disabilities but that's all I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Other options if in the area would be Our Lady of Good Council in Karrinyup, Our Lady of Grace in North Beach and St Johns in Scarborough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    I went to St Doms, I was head girl there in 1993 (eep!)
    My friend's kids go there now, one in pre-primary and one in kindy and she is really happy with it. Her older daughter is a very bright but extremely anxious little girl and she has just blossomed there.
    I don't have any experience with St Kieran's so nothing to add there. They have an education support unit for children with disabilities but that's all I know.
    This makes me feel so happy because he got into kindy at St Doms woo hoo!

Thanks for the reply as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Other options if in the area would be Our Lady of Good Council in Karrinyup, Our Lady of Grace in North Beach and St Johns in Scarborough
    We tried our lady of good counsel but they said they're full. My DH spoke to the principal who was really lovely and he suggested St doms, so we're very grateful for that.