Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for your replies it helps me no end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I could have written your post! I have just given up my career as an Early Childhood Teacher after nine years. I too have had enough of taking my work home with me and I really want to focus on my own children now. I really just want to do night fill work somewhere lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbasmum For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried just doing supply work? You don't need to take any work home or deal with the parents! Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a teacher and have done part time job share in between leave to have my babies. I think what took motivation out of it for me was doing part-time and I'm looking forward to when I'm eventually back full time and have my own class full time. I think it's much more rewarding, you can do things the way you like, really focus on the teaching etc. I find doing part time with young kids at home my heart just isn't in it, I was tired do to being up at night with my toddler etc etc. I'm just looking to start back working again next term so will see how I go

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MordecaiAliVanAllenO'Shea For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Have you tried just doing supply work? You don't need to take any work home or deal with the parents! Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
    Hi LaDiDah thanks for your reply! Unfortunately I can't do casual work as I am permanent which I know is very lucky. I only work 2 days a week and I'm just not overly enjoying it at the moment. Might be a combination of things! Deciding whether I should start looking into other options and take leave without pay so I don't lose my position. I like the security of my job but I'm finding the expectations of the executive staff a little over the top. It's easy to dictate what should be happening in a classroom and don't have to implement those things!

Anyway I'm rambling! Decisions decisions I guess :/