+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh that is so so sad. It sounds as though it is really affecting her it must be so hard on you too

My DD will rarely happily skype her DAd. trying to encourage her to do that is traumatic enough.

What does her dad say about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure just not sending her is an option my SIL thought about it but then it was pointed out that the ex could send the police over to get the children and she could spend time on jail. Best be sure that you know the punishment you could face before going against a court order.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Not sure just not sending her is an option my SIL thought about it but then it was pointed out that the ex could send the police over to get the children and she could spend time on jail. Best be sure that you know the punishment you could face before going against a court order.
    Where in Australia do you think police come and collect children? I think you're making stuff up as you go along because that simply isn't the case!!

OP, River Song has given you fantastic advice. I would follow what she has said.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (02-04-2013),HugsBunny  (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jakois they will come and collect. Our friend filed a recovery prefer when his wife failed to take their daughter to him. Police ended up finding her and taking her to him. To this day mum is trying her hardest to keep daughter away and dad is fighting hard for her.

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    If he can prove their is no immediate risk to the child he can contact police to have the child as it is a breach of the court order. Same as if the BF didn't return her at the end of the visit.

The police prefer not to get involved but they will do it if the person pushes hard enough.

A gf of mine has done it to get the kids back after a visit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Where in Australia do you think police come and collect children? I think you're making stuff up as you go along because that simply isn't the case!!

OP, River Song has given you fantastic advice. I would follow what she has said.
    I saw the paperwork that said so. Maybe they have a special one not sure if I was closer I would scan it and post it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawzette View Post
    Jakois they will come and collect. Our friend filed a recovery prefer when his wife failed to take their daughter to him. Police ended up finding her and taking her to him. To this day mum is trying her hardest to keep daughter away and dad is fighting hard for her.
    IF he files a recovery order, there is still no guarantee that it will be granted. The OP's XH cannot just ring the local police and have them go collect the child. There is a process, one that usually takes a while.

I know how difficult a recovery order can be to get having gone through the process myself.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (02-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    IF he files a recovery order, there is still no guarantee that it will be granted. The OP's XH cannot just ring the local police and have them go collect the child. There is a process, one that usually takes a while.

I know how difficult a recovery order can be to get having gone through the process myself.

Why risk it? Why not try to work something out first? Giving someone advice that may cause huge problems later isnt the best idea

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I think you have a good enough reason not to send her. If you have documentation to back it up IF he takes it further then I would keep her home.

Is it possible for her to just go for 3-4 days this time rather than a full week though?
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 02-04-2013 at 18:32.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (02-04-2013),Stiflers Mom  (03-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know about the laws OP, but if it's possible, don't send her or let BF know that she's not feeling the best and you are sending her on the proviso that you will call to check her everyday and if she wants to come home early, you will be picking her up.
    What a tough situation, it must be heartbreaking having to send her