+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did your second baby engage early or late??

Hi ladies!!

I was told to not expect baby to engage until ur in labour or close to it... At 30 weeks I felt a 'thud' into my pelvis area which was a 'what the hell was that' moment and then had a midwife app at 32w which confirmed baby was engaged 3/5th.
    Did anyone else on the second preg have baby engage early and did this mean early labour?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    First babies engage early and subsequent are generally lucky to engage before labor. From my knowledge anyway of course all are different
    I had my first engage at 31 weeks about and the other two never engaged

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes agree with u there Kelly!! So just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
    Since the baby has fallen into my pelvis the pregnancy has become tough and I really don't recall this with the first!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first baby didn't engage til 36-37weeks.

My second was engaged 3/5 at 32, not at all at 36, and then almost fully engaged from 37-38. I had him at 39+3.

I did a lot of googling at 32 weeks hoping it meant I would have him early (ish, I didn't want a prem) only to be disappointed at my next appt when he had popped out! Second babies can pop in & out a far bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My DS2 didnt engage until after 24 hours of full blown labour he was high and floating until then.

Im 30 weeks with #3 but I doubt he will engage anytime soon, he cant even decide if he wants to be head down or bum down yet.

ETA: DS1 engaged at 30 weeks. It was an uncomfortable 12 weeks until he was born lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD1 I cant even remember when she engaged but I know she was engaged early rather than late.
    Im assuming this one is still engaged as since the thud happened at 30 weeks I no longer receive kicks in the ribs, which is a godsend lol! But on the other hand down below is quite uncomfortable and the rubbing on the cervix is never pleasant.

Obviously with all the above comments you can never really tell if it means early labour or not!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would love to hear more experiences

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First one didn't engage till halfway thru labour.

second one engaged just. As labour was ramping up.

I was informed that posterior positioned babies often do this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My DD1 was engaged at 36 weeks.

My son didn't go head down until maybe 38 weeks. I even had an appointment to turn him, but he turned himself.

My DD2 never engaged and was constantly moving. She was my smallest baby at 4070 gm and was 780gm smaller than my son so my uterus was pretty stretched. She was still moving around when my waters broke and was in transverse lie at 5cm dilated so emergency c-section it was.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Chocciequeen  (04-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ds1 was 3/5th engaged the week before i had him.
    ds2 engaged to 2/5th engaged from about 35-36weeks i think.
    ds1 came 17 days early, we were hoping ds2 would also be about 3 weeks early but nope he came out 1 day early.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to heatherm For This Useful Post:

Chocciequeen  (04-04-2013)