+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I'm sorry to hijack but your 'doctor' is giving you unsound medical advice.

Its normal for bubs to feed overnight till 12mths.

Its normal for bubs to feed multiple times a night till 12mths.

Your baby sounds like a normal baby to me.

The fact that your baby is dropping weight percentiles quickly indicates that they NEED more feeds. My girls fed 1-2hrly during the day. He is waking cos he is HUNGRY.

Please go see a real doctor.

Also its against SIDS advice to leave your bubba in another room for the first 6mths.

And CC is NOT recommended for under 6mths.
    All of this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tiny sounds like you have been having a rough time.... As others have suggested there is no harm in getting some other advice from a child health nurse or GP. Our bub didn't sleep through until 12 weeks and even now has the odd night where he wakes hungry :-) We are now having much better nights with bub only turning and waking on the odd occasion. I am still flipping him if he turns over but the child health nurse believes he has great neck control and will be just fine.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw 5hrs sleeping is "sleeping thru" for newbies.
    I am trying to be happy with this definition and bub has amazed us by sleeping very well last two nights wo a feed from 10pm to 7am. I really felt refreshed waking up. But my dear DH is still adamant that sleeping through for babies is 12 hours!!! This is crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its normal for bubs to feed multiple times a night till 12mths.
    R&A, sorry but I dont quite agree with this. I know you are breastfeeding but Tiny2011 is formula feeding. I think formula-fed babies dont need to drink multiple times till 12 months. That sounds a lot to me. Her baby is still little and needs to drink more at this point due to his weight issues. But if he starts to gain weight well and once he is taking solids well, I believe his night time milk intake can reduce. Certainly not multiple times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    R&A, sorry but I dont quite agree with this. I know you are breastfeeding but Tiny2011 is formula feeding. I think formula-fed babies dont need to drink multiple times till 12 months. That sounds a lot to me. Her baby is still little and needs to drink more at this point due to his weight issues. But if he starts to gain weight well and once he is taking solids well, I believe his night time milk intake can reduce. Certainly not multiple times.
    Formula or breast if a baby is feeding in the night after 9 months it is for comfort not so much hunger anymore.

Milk is milk weather it comes out of a breast or a tin why would it make a difference having a baby nurse twice a night at 9-12 months but a baby who is formula feed is expected not to want feeds anymore!?

Sorry just had to pop in on this post cause this assumption baffled me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am trying to be happy with this definition and bub has amazed us by sleeping very well last two nights wo a feed from 10pm to 7am. I really felt refreshed waking up. But my dear DH is still adamant that sleeping through for babies is 12 hours!!! This is crazy.
    In your first quote you said your Dh thinks 12hrs is sleeping thru. Well I think that babies are allowed milk more than twice in 12hrs. That's multiple.

60% of bubs feed 1-2 overnight. Some more and some less. thats why I said it was normal as a large majority do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly8329 View Post
    Formula or breast if a baby is feeding in the night after 9 months it is for comfort not so much hunger anymore.

Milk is milk weather it comes out of a breast or a tin why would it make a difference having a baby nurse twice a night at 9-12 months but a baby who is formula feed is expected not to want feeds anymore!?

Sorry just had to pop in on this post cause this assumption baffled me
    I agree that bf/ff don't matter for overnight feeds. IMO bf mums are less likely to nightwean early as its so easy to pop a bub on vs prepare a bottle or resettle in other ways. I have no idea how many times dd2 fed between 4-5.30am since she self served till my alarm roused me.

Btw my 10mth old is teething and gone off her solids so I'm expecting more bf overnight.