+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    A guy I went to school with's mum dated Nick Cave before she got together with his dad. That is pretty awesome. My (other) uncle knows him quite well too, he owns a cafe in Brunswick st and used to own a live music venue in Prahran.
    Come to think of it, all my uncles know lots of famous people. My OTHER other uncle is a critic and knows many writers.

And speaking of sons, I once had to wait for an ambulance for Sigrid Thornton's son when he jumped off a balcony and impaled his butt on a picket fence
    What cafe in Brunswick St? Jesus I used to live on Brunswick St - i might have gone there!!

DH's mother basically launched Noni Hazelhurst's career many moons ago. She's also good friends with Deborah-Lee Furness (but sadly we haven't met Hugh *sigh*). And apparently they are a very happily married normal couple.

And my BIL plays in the same cricket team as the doctor guy from The Offspring - no idea what his name is.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Yes, but I can't say who or how
    Oh now I'm curious!

Sent from my Unicorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Someone famous that I admire very very much retweeted something from my blog. I nearly peed my pants. There may have been some high kicks in the garage that day.

Does that count? Lol.

Otherwise nope. No one famous. Well except my partner. He IS famous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My cousin in law is an actor, he's been on soapies and stuff, people would probably know who he is, but DH would be PO if I told you who it was

Like everyone in Perth I have about one degree of separation from the late Heath Ledger

My Dad used to double date with Mick Jagger when he lived in the UK, their girlfriends were best mates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    My sister's partner is best mates with Brett Lee. He is a really nice guy
    I'm quite likely related to him. My paternal grandmother is a Lee and come from the same area as he did but she had little contact with most of her family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I met John Mayer at an airport in Sydney (before he was famous) & the flight was delayed so we had lunch together

My mums best friend is related to kasey chambers & I've met her a few times through them - she's really lovely but I'm sorry to say I'm not really a fan of her music

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mum's best friend growing up became an actress and starred in a movie with Russell Crowe and Hugo Weaving.

I once partied with True Live (they had that TV song a few years ago).

My cousin's DH is Ricky Ponting's cousin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was about to answer no, but then I realised I actually do know a few.

A girl I went to school with (and I still consider a friend) is on a popular Aussie soap, has won some logies, and been in a couple of movies.

A good friend of mine is part of a very well known Australian mining family that is frequently in the news. Her/her siblings have all dated famous people that I have met.

My step brother is a fairly well known Australian olypmian.

I used to nanny in upper crust london - my kids frequently had playdates with children with famous parents.

Good friends of mine are very big in the London music scene. We have been close since meeting at the Reading festival back in 2007.

So, I guess I do know several, and have met quite a lot more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Also my ex was friends with Jessica Mauboy I never met her though

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Biggest name I can drop is Chris Murphy. FOB worked at a pub Chris and his brothers would play at weekly (Murphys Lore is the band name) so we'd chat to him all the time. He ended up being good mates with us and we asked him to be our sons Godfather, which he accepted. We would go watch his solo show every Wednesday night and he would sing 'Beautiful Boy' for us and our son. Lost touch with him though, not long after he went on Australian Idol and got alot busier.