+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Centrelink Income Estimate

I'm not going to be working next financial year, I'll be on PPS, and FTB. And get child support.

Which of this is included in my estimate? I haven't been taxed on any of the above payments so surely they're not taxable income?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Your pps should be taxed as its classes As income. They should've ask if you wanted tax to come out

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes PPS can be taxed as its classed as income but it generally ends up being below the threshold so any tax you pay on it you get back when you lodge a tax return.

I choose to pay tax out of mine so that I know I won't somehow end up with a tax bill at the end of the financial year.

Child support and FTB isn't classed as taxable income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would it say on the payment details (where it says $xxx - Parenting payment, $xxx Telephone allowance, $xxx Clean Energy Supplement, etc) the tax coming out? I've never been charged tax before, and still got a payment at Tax time last year - I also don't think (or know if) I declared the pension as income last year...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you're on PPS or SPP you have to elect to have tax taken out. So it only appears on your payment advice if you elect to have tax taken out. Mine says SPP, FTB, FTA, and then - tax (20$). So if its not on your report, it's not happening. The first year I was on SPP I wasn't paying tax, and I freaked out thinking I would have a bill. My low income offset everything and I owed nothing to the govt. you'll be ok, but. Think you should do a fortnightly tax deduction, simply to cover your butt and its nice to get that money back at tax time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    Would it say on the payment details (where it says $xxx - Parenting payment, $xxx Telephone allowance, $xxx Clean Energy Supplement, etc) the tax coming out? I've never been charged tax before, and still got a payment at Tax time last year - I also don't think (or know if) I declared the pension as income last year...
    Yes it will say $xx amount of tax. I pay $10/fortnight tax as I work casual so at the end of the year I don't owe anything.
    Also, if you do you tax online it would have pre filled centrelink info automatically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're on PPS, you don't need to estimate your annual income to receive FTB.

The reason being is that PPS doesn't effect how much FTB you get, FTB is only effected by any child support over the Maintenance free area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, if I'm solely on PPS, FTB & CS, I'm not working at all (when I was working I had to report so didn't have to update my estimated income for the financial year), do I still need to do an income estimate? Or will it be an automatic thing then considering that's my only form of income?

Quote Originally Posted by brizbabe71 View Post
    If you're on PPS, you don't need to estimate your annual income to receive FTB.

The reason being is that PPS doesn't effect how much FTB you get, FTB is only effected by any child support over the Maintenance free area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    So, if I'm solely on PPS, FTB & CS, I'm not working at all (when I was working I had to report so didn't have to update my estimated income for the financial year), do I still need to do an income estimate? Or will it be an automatic thing then considering that's my only form of income?

That's correct Lucymoo-if you are ONLY receiving PPS payments as your only source of taxble income no income estimate required.

You would only need to provide an income estimate if your PPS stops and then only receiving FTB/CS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok awesome thank you!!!